Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnnyI
Reel Rookie

Paramount Plus won’t load

Paramount Plus won’t load on my Roku Ultra. Works fine via my tablet. When entering app the Paramount Plus screen appears, but, then the black screen with the loading circle appears indefinitely. Tried resetting and updating. Anyone else having a problem?

6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount Plus won’t load

Hi @JohnnyI,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing when streaming Paramount+, along with all of the troubleshooting that you've done.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
JohnnyI
Reel Rookie

Tried removing channel, then system restart. Still not working. All other channels, Netflix, Prime Video, etc, are working. Previously tried resetting modem & router. It works on my Sharp Roku tv in spare bedroom and via tablet, all connected via WiFi, but, not through Roku Ultra connected to my main tv. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnnyI,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. When did this issue first start occurring? Did you make any changes to your Settings? Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
JohnnyI
Reel Rookie

First noticed yesterday. Tried all the fixes: resetting modem, router, restarting Roku, unloading app, etc. Did not make any changes to settings. Here’s Roku info:

Model: 4670X - Roku Ultra 

Ser. number: YJ00DD792045

Software ver.: 11.5.0 build 4312-46

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @JohnnyI

Thanks for the post.

There could be several reasons why Paramount Plus won't load on your Roku device. Here are some possible causes:

• App update: It's possible that the Paramount Plus app on your Roku device needs to be updated to the latest version. Check for any available app updates by going to the Roku home screen, selecting "Paramount Plus," pressing the * button on your remote, and selecting "Check for updates."
  • Roku software update: Make sure your Roku device has the latest software updates installed. To check for software updates, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now.
  • Account issues: If there is an issue with your Paramount Plus account, it may cause the app to not load. Try logging out of your account and logging back in to see if this helps.

If none of these solutions work, it may be worth contacting Paramount Plus customer support for further assistance.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
JohnnyI
Reel Rookie

It’s working. Don’t know why. All the suggested fixes didn’t work over last two days. But, today the app loaded perfectly. The gremlins seem to be bored with my frustration. Thanks for the suggestions.

0 Kudos