Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aphumphries
Binge Watcher

Re: Paramount Plus not working on Roku

Jump to solution

This problem has existed for MORE than a year. THE CAUSE is a problem that they don't want to talk about (its not technical).

The solution is to simply access Paramount Plus through Prime Video.

0 Kudos
Geeman-sm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You must cancel the subscription before you’re allowed trash the app. 

0 Kudos
Geeman-sm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You have to pay Prime $120/yr to watch $50./yr Paramount+ ? That’s a form of extortion 

0 Kudos
Ktski
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This definitely isn’t an internet, device, Paramount-only, or Roku-only problem. Paramount Plus just doesn’t work right on Roku and those two companies need to figure this out and stop blaming the other or our internet.  All my apps except PP work on Roku just fine on all 3 of my TVs.  And PP works just fine on my tablet.  

My problem was only with the LIVE streaming, the other stuff I could watch ok.  Either I’d have a blank screen, it would buffer & eventually error out, or the audio would be fine but the video would be delayed, almost like slo-mo.  I watch using Roku sticks on a variety of different TVs.  After trying all the usual tips recommended by Roku & PP, I finally had a PP tech recommend I change my display settings.  It’s been working so far (fingers crossed), so I’m sharing in case this fixes anyone else’s problem.  

Go to Settings/Display Type/ and select “720p tv”

Tassini
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Didn't work. I assured all the software was updated, uninstall Paramount+, rebooted, reinstall and got the same error. It is the only channel which is not working. Black screen with Paramount+ on top left. 

Geeman-sm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Pay $120. For prime then $50. For Paramount ? that’s insane 

0 Kudos
Geeman-sm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do you do that on the Hisense Roku TV , there’s no display settings only TV picture settings and you can’t select the pixels quality. What number were you able to get a tech person to talk to ?

0 Kudos
Ktski
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Geeman-sm 
I’m not sure if you’re able to change that setting on a Roku TV.  I was using a Roku stick.  My communications happened via email, not phone so I don’t have that number for you.  But the email was help@paramountplus.com.  It took a couple of times contacting them and a few back-and-forth emails trying all their suggestions and giving specific information about my setup before it was resolved.

0 Kudos
bwicks229

Jump to solution

I have Paramount+ and paying for it.  Cannot get CBS to unlock and let me watch NCAA Basketball Tournament this week and next.  How to fix; thought this is what I am paying for through ROKU.

Bob Wicks

Raleigh, NC

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bwicks229 

Just to confirm, when you go to https://my.roku.com and log in, then click the Manage your subscriptions link, do you see Paramount Plus listed as a current subscription? If not, then you'd need to check the details on why not, if that's what you expect.

If so, and the app isn't letting you in, you probably need to contact Paramount about it, but it would also be good to bring @Jeremiah-Roku in the conversation, as he is the billing contact for the forum, and he may have some things to check or do first that may resolve things.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos