Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsRRB
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount Plus-how to restart an episode on Roku

Jump to solution

@Russtee68 wrote:

Use a different profile 

My 76 year old mom isn't going to create and use a new profile every time she wants to rewatch her favorite series. 

LibbyLib
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Cory_C wrote:

This worked for me as well.

Download Paramount Plus app to phone. Sign in and click the episode you want to watch. It will then be available on your Roku. This must be a Paramount Plus issue. I opened a support case with them and so far all they ask for are my Roku info and streaming capability.

Thanks so much @Cory_C This is a pain, but it works. No problem at all replaying the show on my Android phone. The system is synced up, so wherever you leave off on the phone is where you pick it up on Roku. Absolutely perfect. I finally got to watch The Love Boat episode with Loretta Swit (Margaret on MASH) that wouldn't replay no matter how many times I tried the other methods suggested! You're a genius!

Interesting side note to any interested folks; we get the basic Paramount+ service free as a Wal-Mart+ member, in case you didn't know - it's a new feature. Unfortunately, in addition to the app having shortcomings on Roku, it also has a lot more commercials when watching on Roku vs the phone. A LOT more. 😞

Roku folks - this basic function is important, and one would think you have a better corporate pipeline to Paramount than we do. So, please help convey the message. Such a basic necessity to replay an episode. A lot of folks watch tv to fall asleep. When I drift off without pausing the episode, I need to see what I missed!

Good luck to everyone, whatever workaround you use.

ir3n3

Jump to solution

I figured it out, go on the show on the app on your phone THEN go back to it on the Roku app and it will play from that point

Ladydodge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  But on my tablet if the show complete I can go back to the list of episodes, but cant do it on my TCL tv.  Which last year I used to can go to episode list and rewatch.  Please fix this issue.

0 Kudos
Ladydodge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yea that does work or any other device.  I did it from my tablet, but you suppose to be able to do it from the app on your tv.  That still dont solve the issue for the tv.

planez12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately that didn’t work for me. Had to add a new user just to watch the first episode of a season. Only does it on the first episode. Doesn’t matter watch show you’re watching. Can’t rewatch the first episode. 

0 Kudos
planez12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This will not work with the first episode of the series. Episode 1. 
Episode one of any series. Sort of have to time it right with the rewind button. A real pain. 

Starranger01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just got a klunky but workable solution from Paramount Plus support. Basically, until the programmers fix the issue, create another profile for your account.  I tried and it works. 

0 Kudos
HeavySi

Jump to solution

It's making me insane! I see the same complaint for HBO but I don't have that problem on other premium add-ons. Logically that would rule out Roku being full culprit.

Although it could be when one is with some channels it acts up but alone it's fine (like some people) 

Even when I catch "watch credits" it still goes no further, just onto the next episode. The worst is trying to rewatch a first episode! I can't go back one and fast forward to the ending.

I even tried creating another user account. You'd think it would start fresh. Nope!

A show I didn't pay attention to the first time, and only kind of want to watch has become a must see! Lol I'm stubborn that way.

I wish the channels or providers would try to fix it instead of blaming others. Or giving the insulting "turn it off and on" "check your connections", and other busywork non-solutions.

I don't care who is to blame. If they are any part of the viewing process they should just check their chit and fix it! (Still frustrated).

marciem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Frappa.... You have saved my sanity plus my TV from getting thrown out a window 😄 😄 ...

Also works playing the episode at Paramountplus.com, now that I looked at that.

My problem with other solutions was 1. It had played to the very end (0) time left. and

2. It was the pilot episode so no going back to prior episode.

Again, Thanks

0 Kudos