Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hb10syoyo
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus-how to restart an episode on Roku

Jump to solution

Yeah, Paramount was useless for me too.  They just want me to answer 10 million questions like it's MY fault it is happening.  I even sent them this thread and they sent me the same exact e-mail again because they couldn't bother to look.

mharber2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

They didnt ask me any questions and just forwarded it to development

0 Kudos
mharber2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It happened to me both ways

0 Kudos
Klkl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just cancelled my paramount plus subscription and signed up through my Amazon prime account, so it will use Amazon's interface for watching and includes the ability to rewatch an episode. 

RSFeathers
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Great idea. Maybe I'll do that too. Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
Retmil1

Jump to solution

The lazy response I got from paramount+ on this issue

Hello R,

Thank you for responding to Paramount+. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. Per your request we’ve escalated this issue to our senior advisors. We have an update and report on your current issue: 

We've delved into your account and viewing history. It appears that the Paramount+ app is attempting to make a connection with your network to begin streaming. All attempts are logged successfully but isn't able to establish itself. This indicates a potential block or prevention of streaming services to your Roku and iOS mobile device.

Please note with the Paramount+ website and app you will need to disable all VPN (virtual private networks), ad block, ad prevention or built-in firewall ad prevention software (such as MalwareBytes, Ad Block Pro, etc). While active these will prevent the Paramount+ website's built in video player from functioning and this can prevent successful streaming. This includes, account creation, account management and website navigation Also please consider router ad prevention software and settings that can apply blocks network wide. Some include EERO home networks (enabled by default features), McAfee, Pi-Hole and many others or your inbound traffic to your router which affects how your network behaves with software. Select streaming content has been reported to be able to stream while others will provide such issues as full stop, error messages or buffer via failure to connect. We ask that you check these settings for the best Paramount+ experience. 

After following the previous troubleshooting steps, let's refresh your modem (WIFI/internet) signal:
1. With the Modem: please unplug from power (either from its base or the wall outlet).
2. Wait for 1-minute time. After plug back in and wait for 2 minutes. 
3. Lastly relaunch to view. 
*Alternatively, it is possible to call your internet service provider (ISP) for a automated over the phone network refresh.

Should issues continue we ask that you reach out to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and request a internet refresh signal. Next, inquire about your network settings for ad-prevention software or hardware.

Let us know if you have any further questions. We look forward to assisting you.

Regards,

David

Paramount+ Customer Support Tier 2 Agent

Definitely the #1 fan of NCIS

he doesn’t even address the actual problem we are having and instead blames the ISP. 

Klkl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Omg, "nevermind that we don't have anything to click on that will restart the episode, but it's someone else's fault"

Hopefully everyone just uses Amazon for Paramount shows instead. I just had to put up with a few paramount promos and can rewatch any episodes easily. Totally worth it. Paramount sucks. 

RSFeathers
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Retmil1   LOL LOL. ...and I'm not laughing at you - I'm laughing at the absurd response you got. It doesn't seem to relate to the issue AT ALL that we're talking about. Plus, I find it hard to believe that we're ALL experiencing the same problem with our ISPs, modems, routers.  Network refresh? Huh?

I'm thinking I'll go with the other user's suggestion to subscribed to Paramount+ via my Amazon account. Because I can't bring myself to dump Paramount+  ---- too many of my favorite shows on there.

greatwent33
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok! I think I can actually help! It’s not a solution for everyone though. Ok. I tried the phone thing and it worked - on the phone only. Still same on Roku - like it’s not syncing - no problem. I created a new profile, and named it Boimler. Basically the solution is start fresh, and many folks will not think that’s so great for all of their other shows. Simple solution. Keep a profile for as long as tolerable til all your shows are stuck in the credits and delete and rebuild! 

0 Kudos
EvilSpock

Jump to solution

Finally! That’s the only thing that’s worked for me!