Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NathanCa81
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount Plus audio and video is out of sync on my Roku device

Jump to solution

Having the same problem with my roku premiere now when trying to watch episodes of Awkward on Paramount Plus,other apps on my roku audo is synched.  And Paramount synch's ok on my PC.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @NathanCa81

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the same issue occur when you access a different content within Paramount Plus? 

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NathanCa81
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have uninstalled restarted system multiple times and this specific app consistently has sound issues on any program.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@NathanCa81

Thanks for the post.

If you are only experiencing this issue with the Paramount+ channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DonnS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Danny. Of course the main problem is the Paramount Plus app, but they have not responded to many complaints from many customers. We have hoped that someone from Roku "with pull" might contact someone at Paramount to resolve this. Because at least at Roku you answer posts!

There is a workaround, to reduce the TV resolution to 720P. This works with my Roku 2 plugged in by HDMI to my Sanyo TV. However, on my two Hitachi-Roku TVs I cannot find a way to do this. Since the TV carries the Roku brand, I am hoping that Roku can tell me how to change the resolution on this TV to 720p so I can watch Paramount Plus live TV using the resolution-reduction workaround.

Y1nzer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Paramount+ works fine on my Amazon Firestick ... that's the workaround if Danny can't use Roku's leverage to get some traction on this long standing issue

cam1rst

Jump to solution

Same issue, I have done ALL of the suggested fixes. Nothing resolves this issue. Today’s date is 10/09/2022. I see from other comment dates that this has been going on for well over a year now. It seems that a multi-billion-dollar high tech company like CBS/Paramount would be able to fix this issue that their customers are paying for. I believe it impossible to think they don’t have the capability to do so.

Which only shows, like so many other big conglomerates that run this country today, they don’t give a **bleep** about their paying customers as long as they pay their monthly bill.

0 Kudos
cam1rst

Jump to solution

Same issue, I have done ALL of the suggested fixes. Nothing resolves this issue. Today’s date is 10/09/2022. I see from other comment dates that this has been going on for well over a year now. It seems that a multi-billion-dollar high tech company like CBS/Paramount would be able to fix this issue that their customers are paying for. I believe it impossible to think they don’t have the capability to do so.

Which only shows, like so many other big conglomerates that run this country today, they don’t give a **bleep** about their paying customers as long as they pay their monthly bill.

0 Kudos
bobblick

Re: Paramount Plus Audio Video Sync Issues

Jump to solution

Yep. I've about had it. I have to connect my TV to my computer to watch football games live on Pasramount plus and my Roku. Not a happy camper.

0 Kudos
tofte9

Jump to solution

This was the fix for a flashing screen problem. It resolved that problem, and as an added bonus, fixed the sync issue I'd been unable to solve with all the other suggestions (remove channel, sign out, restart, etc).

Disable framerate matching:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Advanced display settings/Auto-adjust display refresh rate = Off

0 Kudos