Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BootScoots

Re: Error: Content is not available try again later - Paramount Plus

Jump to solution

Can you please explain how you check for an ad blocker? I literally just got this channel today this morning watched 2 episodes of 1883. I have tried all the other things nothing has worked. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Dracuslayer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It would be in your modem settings. If your unfamiliar with those settings i recommend contacting your isp provider to have them check for you.

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No that has nothing to do with it in my case.  

0 Kudos
Woogetybop
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I gave up on Roku/Paramount+
when I used the Paramount+ app built into my tv it works fine for the most part.

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So many convoluted replies.  Yeesh.  
First off, Paramount was working fine for months with no issues.  Something changed and now there are intermittent issues.  Rebooting and removing/restoring channel doesn't do anything.  It works fine on my laptop on Chrome.  

The error only happens on episodic shows.  Movies work without a hitch.  And mostly that's because a movie has no ad and starts immediately.  Shows start off with ads and that seems to spook the system.

The guy that said his router has ad blocker turned on, that's nuts.  That should never be the case. 

I also found that TNT channel has issues like Paramount and I noticed HBO started loading much more slowly although at least it works.  

So in a pinch, I can at least mirror my laptop to the Roku to get a show to watch.  Good thing I watch few shows on Paramount.

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Also, if I play the show Ghosts, say, on my laptop, it doesn't start with an Ad at all.  The show starts immediately.  On the Roku app for Paramount, it wants to play ads at the start of all shows.  And it seems that the Ad is what is causing the hangup.

0 Kudos
Dracuslayer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Its not nuts its 100% true some internet companies offer ad blocking on their modems its on by default. I have consolidated communication for a isp they use fidium to manage their modems.Screenshot_20211229-014739_Fidium WiFi.jpg

0 Kudos
baebaehepple
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been having this issue for months. Only happens with Paramount+ but under all profiles on 3 different rokus in our home. Paramount is not getting back to me. They have escalated my problem multiple times. Once it mysteriously resolved itself after contacting them. Now they don't even respond. Please help. Wish it wasn't the only way to watch many shows I enjoy.

0 Kudos
mcope
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The AD Blocker theory does not make ay sense. There are too many subscribers having this issue with only paramount+ with a Roku. If all my others devices on the same ISP/Router/WIFI network work fine how could this be an AD Blocker issue? There are no issues with any other Roku apps so this most likely not an Roku issue.

0 Kudos
txjeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Regarding the router comment, there was some confusion about the intention of it's "nuts" comment about ad blockers.  I know routers can have ad blocking.  It's simply nuts to use the router for that function because some pages you would want to allow ads and some not.  A router as that tool would make it cumbersome and a tool for the lazy.  

The fact that Paramount sometimes has shows that work on a Roku and sometimes not, with the Ads, tells me it is not the router which would be a constant on situation.  As an example I watched a show a week ago that wouldn't load on Sunday, but the same show on the following Tuesday would load.  If the router was the culprit, it would never load.  

Pandora used to have a similar problem for months and I know that is finally resolved.   Not sure why it takes so long to resolve these issues.

0 Kudos