Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Woogetybop
Channel Surfer

Re: Error: Content is not available try again later - Paramount Plus

Jump to solution

My temporary fix for Paramount Plus on Roku is to use the software Roku restart. (Settings - System - System restart)

After that I go back to watching shows.

Tedhoop86

Jump to solution

I am also having this problem and have been for 2 months. Now you turning on paw patrol the tv show. Stops every time before an episode can even begin during the ad then says the content you are trying to play is currently unavailable. I WILL be canceling my paramount+ if this does not get resolved soon. Waste of money.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

After two weeks of no help from either roku or paramount I stumbled onto a fix but you need to download prime video , go to either search or your channels on prime video and there’s paramount plus , no hiccups whatsoever. I did upgrade to the premium package before I found this so that “might” be a requirement.

0 Kudos
Woogetybop
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is a on going problem. I never had any Roku issues until I installed Paramount+. This is only a Roku/Paramount+ problem. I had success with Temporarily resetting Roku. settings>System>Restart. However still too many Roku resets. It was looking like a possible memory issue, so I deleted 6 unused channels from the main menu. Not getting stuck at 6sec. on commercials as often now. It’s temporarily usable.

0 Kudos
Woogetybop
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok

all the stuff I tried isn’t good enough. I switched to the paramount plus app on my Android TV. Sound issues, but at least it’s watchable. 
Roku and Paramount Plus don’t play nice together.

0 Kudos
RobL74

Jump to solution

Danny, def need an update. I can watch Paramount plus on my phone and on my smart tv but not Roku. Hope you get this fixed quick. i just paid for a year and am not happy like the rest of these folks.

CG90
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Like the rest of everybody else in this having issues with Roku over the Paramount Plus crashing at 6 seconds I have tried everything mentioned and I was able to get Paramount Plus to work but it crashed over and over. Paramount Plus works on everything else but it crashed on the Roku. The problem seems to be with Roku and not with PP.  Get this fixed Roku, because it seems like this is fraudulent. You need to get with PP and work on this together!!!!!!!

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I just tried to use Paramount this morning after not using it for about 3 days.  It started messing up and showing the 'content unavailable' during the 2nd ad break.  P+ and Roku obviously don't care or else I would not have had this problem for nearly 3 months now.   I cancelled P+ but use a friends account but I may as well delete the app if these 2 companies don't get their s-h --i. t together.  Pathetic.  

Dracuslayer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found a fix to get mine working again. Check that your modem & router does not have built in ad-blocker. Mine does it recently was added as a beta feature and if you turn it off. Then it will work. Paramount requires you to not have ad-blockers to watch their content.

0 Kudos
BobbyP
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same isue as well w/ the $4.99 essential package. I called Roku tech support and the steps they had me go through are worthless. I suspect that Roku may have some kind of an add blocker that causes this error to occur.

I absolutely know the issue is w/ the advertisments b/c if I view movie or series clips or extra's the issue does not occur b/c in this content is no advertisments.

I also tried logging in to my Paramount+ account from my desktop computer. I then stream to my Chromecast to my TV and have no issues.

Also my daughter has Apple TV and the same $4.99 package and has no issues.

I however try the Paramount+ app on my iphone and I get,"Fatal Error" , due to licensing restrictions this video isn't available in your location (5408).  So this issue appears to be on more than one platform.

0 Kudos