Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lance2017

Re: Error: Content is not available try again later - Paramount Plus

Jump to solution

Same issue here. If you can make it into the show it works - as long as you don’t try pressing any buttons on the remote. If you do, you get the ‘content unavailable’ message again. Also, it won’t then register that you’ve watched any of the show and you hve to start from the beginning because again, you can’t use any of the navigation buttons. This is happening for all shows I’m watching on paramount plus except sports broadcasts.

0 Kudos
ClewiBell

Jump to solution

I have issues with Paramount+ not playing on Roku as well. Funny thing is, if I start it on my laptop first, THEN open the show in Paramount+ on the Roku, it plays. Makes absolutely no sense and this only started recently. I have literally tried every single "fix" they have suggested, and none work.

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Updated from build 4201 to build 4210 today and what a shock, literally none of my litany of problems created by the update to 10.5 are fixed. Disney and paramount still have network issues (likely dns rollover related). My TV tuner still shows one bar which is a real hassle when you have to readjust antenna in your area for certain channels. My ONN (TV guide still populates no information for all entries despite the system receiving program descriptions. The channel its on is displayed correctly. No changelogs for updates I can find but this fixed none of my problems. And reading others, none of theirs either. This is going to really blow up in this companies face once people start unwrapping Christmas gifts and firmware updates break what was fine out of the box. For a company valued in the BILLIONS of dollars, this has really become a months long circus. And this isn't the first time my year old set had critical issues that took five months to fix (that problem was broken tcon firmware that flashed black squares on my screen if you're curious). Do yourself a favor and look at other options. This company has lost the engineers that wrote this code or something else major is going on. Not to mention it seems to literally be only a few dozen employees running this ultra rich company. Buyer beware

0 Kudos
Mike247
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Follow-up - tried last night and it worked fine.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 Kudos
redclous
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got this post from another forum.

At first I did not have this problem at all. Then I finally found the Roku app for youtubetv, not just you tube scroll to bottom. I started having problems with Paramount  + .

Anyway so far the fix is one for one!

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option. [Note: If you have subscribed to this channel through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe then if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel. ]
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Paramont+ freezes, also. I called their support. They weren't much help. I did all the suggested steps. I have no problems with other channels. They did mention it might be the memory of my Roku. I have a Roku3 and received an offer for a Roku Express. I didn't know if it would help. I have been looking for an answer to that everywhere. I did add a memory card awhile back. I read where you said to reload the channel. That was one of my steps. I did not cancel my account and reapply. I am getting it free through Tmobile and am not sure how I would do that.  Paramont+ response-
So we can better assist you, please help us troubleshoot by preforming the steps below:

1. Please ensure the Paramount+ app is up to date. 
    2. Ensure you are using the 2.4GHz network as most Roku devices run better on this network.
    3. Also, ensure the bandwidth saver is off by going to settings>>network>>bandwidth saver>>off
    4. If these steps do not work, try changing your resolution settings on the Roku to 720p versus 1080p (For built in Roku TVs, this option is not available but you can try the following: While viewing live TV or any video on demand item, select the (*) asterisk on remote control, then click the on  Picture settings (may also be called advanced picture settings, select Picture Mode, change from Low Power to Vivid or Movie (To see if the picture quality and lagging improves); you can even change the sound modes to find the best working mode possible)
    5. Finally, if none of these steps resolve the issue, you could be experiencing this due to insufficient memory on the device as many Rokus offer limited storage and no way to tell if storage is getting full. The only way to resolve this would be to perform a factory reset on the device. If steps 1-4 do not resolve this issue, please try resetting the Roku back to factory settings to resolve this issue. 

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

sure seemed fine 2 months ago - I think they are just pawning it off on the customer & roku.  

0 Kudos
redclous
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried watching on another older set with Fire stick and Paramount + worked with no problem.

Sadly the fix I gave is just for one time.

But now the problem is totally with Roku, not Paramount +

0 Kudos
bhagman

Jump to solution

Yes, I have several Roku TVs in my house (TCL) and none of the Paramount + channels work on any of them. I also have a Roku stick which doesn't work with Paramount + either. It will load and show all content options but gives error message when you try to play a show or movie. Has never worked and I have subscribed and unsubscribed from Paramount + several times hoping the problem was fixed at some point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the posts.
We are aware of the issue that is affecting Roku devices with connectivity/loading channels and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating and working on a resolution.
We appreciate your patience during this time. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.