Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
easy8521
Reel Rookie

Paid for Peachock and Peacock app but it wont connect.

I added Peacock app and paid the subscription associated.   It shows nothing when connecting.    I get the peacock sign then the spinning whee of death then back to Roku...    I contacted CS they suggested multiple ways to fix,  NONE worked.   Now CS has gone silent but i get a welcome email from Peacock but still no service to their programing.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Paid for Peachock and Peacock app but it wont connect.

@easy8521
Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
adeuc034
Reel Rookie

I have the same exact issue, just bought a roku streaming stick 4k 2021 this week (model 3820X), latest software update. Tried resetting network connection, removing channel, restarting roku, adding channel back. Nothing worked.

We have Starlink, our internet is exceptional. Definitely not the internet.

app opens to display peacock logo on screen, but then displays a white loading box with a purple spin wheel and kicks me back to the Home Screen.

no other Channels do this.

0 Kudos
easy8521
Reel Rookie

Ultimately what fixed my issue was ROKU does not automatically set up an account with anyone.  You will need to go to Peacock and set up an account and enter the user and password on ROKU in the app.   It worked for me.   Roku people did not even mention this as a possible resolution.  

adeuc034
Reel Rookie

That’s wild, it totally was my issue too! This is the first comment that I’ve found on any site that even suggested that, and lots of other people were having the same issue too!

thank you SO much! All I wanted to do was watch Yellowstone and I was getting so dang frustrated LOL

0 Kudos