Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

Re: Paid for NewsMax+ and still get the 2 version.

Update your Roku system and the NewsMax will update and it has login for your account. It's a bit unstable but it's bound to get better as the bugs get worked out.

0 Kudos
Ron21
Channel Surfer

Yes...but finally tonight I got the Newsmax app working. It's the same app. .not a new one. Here are the steps I used:

~ Logout of Newsmax on all devices

~ Navigate to your Newsmax channel on Roku and press the * key on your Roku remote. Select Update App and press OK (even if Auto Update is On)

~ When update is finished, press OK to open the app.

If you haven't registered before, you will need to do it now. Otherwise, just login with your Newsmax login credentials. You may have to change your password. This process worked for me on my Roku Ultra. As a side note, I had to choose a payment plan after logging in even though I had 12 days left on my free trial. 

Ryder

Re: Newsmax is now up for those with subscriptions!

When you look on Roku for the Newsmax Plus it doesn't show up with the Plus it's still NEWSMAX with a little blue on th N of Newsmax that's probably why no one can find it!!!  You have to update the old Newsmax app you were watching to get it that's all!!! Don't bother searching for it!! Just go on the Roku and update the Newsmax app. Make sure you ONLY SUBSCRIBE ON THE ROKU or your subscription will not go through on Newsmax. This happened to me. Also make sure you only use the card you use on your Roku for the subscription or when you pay and click on Newsmax it will give you an error code. Also make sure same email has Roku or more problems. I went through all of this when I came home from work last night. Called went online, no good info. Took care of it myself this morning.

0 Kudos
parkstammie
Reel Rookie

I'm frustrated with the same problem

Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

Perform a Roku Update,  this updated my Newsmax to the new version. 

twodogs2Kids
Channel Surfer

I have the same issue today.  For somereason all was well on all of my TVs yesterday but Roku is asking me to sign in again and then won't take it,  I just continually get the sign in page.  This is so frustrating and obvious that that Newsmax has not worked out the bugs before launching!!  I may have to cancel my payment!

Ron21
Channel Surfer

I had the same issue. I had to be sure I was not logged in to Roku on any other device and then go back to my main Roku device and change my password by using "Forgot Password". After that Roku accepted my new password and took me to a screen where I had to pay either annually or monthly (even though I had signed up for the 15 day free trial the day before). Once I paid, it took me to the live Newsmax plus screen. (As a side note, the unused free trial period days were added to the subscription expiration date.) I hope this helps.  

0 Kudos
Klynch2513

I am signed up as well but the app tells me I’m signed out.. no response from Roku and Newsmax

0 Kudos
Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

Mine is apparently working now, what I did was to sign up via the Roku app subscriptions. Now that does present the issue of being double billed and Newsmax customer support will cancel that subscription, so I can manage my premium subscriptions via my Roku account. When I load the app to watch it starts normally and I checked my account login in the app and it has nothing in it. So far so good.

Newsmax support has been ok, but I think they are overwhelmed at the moment because of the launch, also the servers are overwhelmed for the same reason but will taper off and work normal shortly.

0 Kudos
debra12w

I still can’t get it on Roku and also paid $49.99 it’s enough to make you just cancel it all and forget the whole mess, My opinion is Newsmax should have never done this in the first place 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.