Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philt56
Streaming Star

Only getting stereo output, no surround sound on any streaming channels, Roku streaming stick 4k

Just setting up a friend’s new Denon receiver x1700h. It supports all Dolby, Dolby plus, atmos , etc.  connected her streaming stick 4k (3820 model)  to an hdmi input on the receiver and only get pcm stereo indicated by the receiver no matter what channel I try,  Netflix, prime, Apple+, Hulu, but never get surround sound. 

I tried all the options under hdmi output (auto, stereo, custom) but always only stereo detected by the receiver.

anything else I need to try in settings somewhere?

playing a Blu-ray Disc on another hdmi setup input is fine, so nothing in the receiver speaker setup. Is wrong. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.