Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Crunchyroll Channel works on some but not all devices

@Tom_Servo

Thanks for the post and providing us with you device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
iheartnjdevils
Reel Rookie

Confirming Crunchyroll DOES work on Hisense model 32H4030 with Roku TV model 8220X running software version 11.0.0 build 4193-90.

Crunchyroll does NOT work on Roku Ultra model 4660X running software version 11.5.0 build 4235 build 4235-46. 

Crunchyroll does NOT work on Roku Streambar model 9102R running software version 11.5.0 build 4235-95. 

0 Kudos
iheartnjdevils
Reel Rookie

I want to add that Crunchyroll did confirm there is an issue on their end. They would not provide a rough estimate of when it would fixed: only that “they’re working on it”. It’s obviously a Crunchyroll compatibility issue with Roku’s 11.5.0 software so hopefully both parties are working together on a resolution.

Maybe Roku can provide more info on an estimated date of resolution?

0 Kudos
Tom_Servo
Channel Surfer

Hopefully while they're working on this showstopper (literally!) of a bug they can also do some code cleanup to make the app run faster.  Even on the Ultra, you can count seconds between pressing a button and seeing a change on screen.  On older devices, it's so slow it's basically unusable.

I'm not nearly as think as you confused I am.
0 Kudos
Jeffonl1
Binge Watcher

Hi all,

Just received this email:

Brett (Crunchyroll)

Nov 3, 2022, 4:40 AM PDT

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! We sincerely apologize for the delay in response.
The issues you were experiencing with Roku since the 11.5 update should be fixed. When you get a chance, please try loading a video and see if any issues remain.

If you are still experiencing any issues on your end, please be sure to reach back out to us. Please be sure we have your current device information (OS Version and Build) as well as the most recent content you were attempting to watch.

Otherwise, we really appreciate your patience while we got things back on track and hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

Regards,

Brett
Customer Service

iheartnjdevils
Reel Rookie

Nope, I’m still experiencing issues on my Roku Ultra. 

0 Kudos
clearush
Channel Surfer

I seem to be able to play everything but one episode of one show that was paused in the middle. I'm going with currently fixed on my end.

0 Kudos
Jeffonl1
Binge Watcher

It seems that a minority of videos will not stream... but most do (!?!)

Tom_Servo
Channel Surfer

You're right, the problem isn't quite totally fixed.  I ran into the non-playing issue with the latest episode of Spy x Family.  I tried it over two nights before I finally gave up and watched on desktop.

I'm not nearly as think as you confused I am.
clearush
Channel Surfer

Huh, Spy X Family worked fine for me on the current episode. Haven't had any hang ups once I got past the one episode of Champaloo that was stuck.