Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rochev

ONE episode on Prime won't work on Rokus

I don't have an issue watching anything on Prime except for episode 3 of James May -Our Man In Italy. It's been going on for a couple months so there's clearly no fix on their end.

I can watch any other episode but number 3 says "an error occured"

I've tried casting from my phone and Kindle to the Roku and it does the same thing. I can watch the episode on our phones or tablets. We have two rokus and neither of them will play this episode and I'd rather not have us watch on my tiny phone. 

Amazon has no direct contact and I've posted on their forum with no luck. 

I've done EVERYTHING to reset the issue with no luck. Any ideas? Episode 3 not compatible with a Roku 3? Why not? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ONE episode on Prime won't work on Rokus

@rochev 

I just launched episode 3 of James May: Our Man In Italy on my Roku device, and it played. I retired my Roku 3 a few years ago, so I didn't test on the same model Roku device you use, but the device should play the content.

Does it play on another Roku device on your network?

Check for updates on the app. Highlight the app, press Options, then Check For Updates.

If that doesn't work, restart the Roku device.

If that doesn't work:

1. Sign out of the app
  2. Remove the app
  3. Reboot the Roku
  4. Reinstall the app
  5. Sign in to the app

All those steps, in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."