Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cdoylee
Reel Rookie

Re: Live TV on Roku Channel on showing some channels

Having similar issues, some live channels are in the menu, but will not load.  After selection, I get the channel information on the bottom if the screen, it then goes away and just a spinning circle, trying to load the channel.  Nothing after 10minutes.

FourWalls
Reel Rookie

1. Netflix will crash from time to time.  Seems stable of late.

2. No error messages.

3 Trying to recall all of them, but at least five of the most common outside of factor reset.  Didn't want to go that route.

4. The channel (MST3K, for example) is listed with times, etc.  Click on the program and the title of the episode will appear and then formerly / typically a second or two later the program will appear.  Now it just stays a black screen, no sound.

5. No recent changes.

6. Bettendorf, Iowa.  Eastern Iowa.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi Community Users, 

Thanks for your post. 

Could you send us a screenshot/photo of the issue occurring? To insert an image in a post, Start a new post/reply > Click Photo in the editorâ s toolbar > Choose one of the image source options and follow the on-screen instructions.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Vanessag1
Channel Surfer

20230420_181959.jpg

@RokuNimfa-C here is the photo. Nothing load, it stays black as most of the channel

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Vanessag1

I appreciate the screenshot you have provided. 

We'll look into this further. Could you also provide us with if you did you make any changes to your connection or Roku Settings recently? And where are you currently located?

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Vanessag1
Channel Surfer

@RokuNimfa-C  

I've changed nothing to the setting. 

I'm from Quebec, Canada

0 Kudos
RJpain
Binge Watcher

As I said before. Roku needs to hook their own devices to their own network to see WTF is wrong. They have to realize that the problem is OBVIOUSLY ON THEIR END not ours! Until you get your act together I’m watching Plex which also has a Classic Doctor Who Channel or watching Freevee or Pluto. WAKE UP AND FIX THE STUPID PROBLEM!!!!!!!

Cdoylee
Reel Rookie

I have removed, restarted, reloaded several times.  The problem is not specific to a device, we have smart TV's, sticks, IPADs, IPhones and Android devices - NOTHING ! 

It is not all LIVE Channels, Only those that we watch, EuroNews & SkyNews.

Please escalate

0 Kudos
Vanessag1
Channel Surfer

@RokuNimfa-C 

I've just returned the roku express and received the roku streaming stick. Same problem. So it's on roku hands not mine!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hello Community Users, 

Thank you for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with the Live TV on The Roku Channel. 

We appreciate all of your efforts in troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team and we are currently investigating the issue. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible and provide updates as necessary.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.