Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oldman71
Reel Rookie

No sound Max & Paramount plus ONN TV

I'm not sure why there is no sound when trying to watch Max & now Paramount+ but I'm about to give up on Roku.

When I got my 1st Roku TV in 2022 I was really impressed but now I'm thoroughly disgusted.

I have to restart & or unplug my ONN Roku TV several times to get sound on Paramount plus & Max now.

If this issue isn't resolved asap, I will get rid of Roku and go back to Fire TV. 

This is unacceptable, and it is NOT my TV or sound settings because the sound will work sometimes and not work others, without changing any sound settings.

I have prime and a few fire sticks and a fire tv in storage, so I guess it's time to go back to them.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No sound Max & Paramount plus ONN TV

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Oldman71!

First, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, may we know if Max and Paramount Plus are the only apps affected by this? If so, are you streaming these apps directly from the standalone or under The Roku Channel?

Furthermore, can you please let us know if there are any external devices plugged into your ONN Roku TV? If so, kindly specify the model.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you resolve this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Oldman71
Reel Rookie

I have tried all the solutions from settings to auto to resetting tv. Usually after I reset the tv for the 3rd or 4th time it will have sound, but have just been streaming through my Xbox. 
I have an LG 7.1 soundbar, subwoofer, and surround sound system, but no matter how I have the settings the tv fails to play sound while streaming most of the time. I have connected my surround sound to my Samsung tv and have had zero issues with sound while streaming or changing platforms, 

0 Kudos
Azaliav_10

I too am having this issue . My Xbox should not be the one in have to use to stream . Very upset about this . 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Azaliav_10,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku device. We're happy to look into this.

May we know when you started having this issue? Are Max and Paramount the only channels that are affected? Are there any external audio devices attached to your Roku TV?

Additionally, we would recommend performing the below steps to see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Power-cycle your Roku: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates. Go to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now
  3. Go to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DerekS

I found that some shows had audio and some, like Mission Impossible films (Dolby Vision), did not so I switched the audio output on my Roku to stereo and that fixed it.  I presume that some some surround modes can cause comoatibility issues, so dumbing down the output mode (or maybe selecting 'auto') should resolve.

0 Kudos