Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldTim
Reel Rookie

No audio on you tube or you tube TV

I replaced my receiver with an Onkyo NR 6100. After much consultation with Onkyo we finally got everything working with an e-arc cable to my e-arc compatible LG TV.  Everything worked.  Then later on I could not get any audio on you tube or you tube TV.  Every thing on the Roku home screen works fine but when I change to you tube or you tube TV no audio.  I am using the roku ultra.  I reset it a few times to no avail. The only thing I can guess is that during all the switching and  messing around to get the e-arc, the new receiver and the roku device, and the TV to play well together, something failed in the roku device.  I am stumped and I want to be sure before I shell out$99 for a new one.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No audio on you tube or you tube TV

Hi @OldTim,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing a sound issue when playing content on Youtube and Youtube TV. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but we need more details.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• Is the issue you are experiencing only happen on Youtube and Youtube TVor does the loss of audio happen on all channels?
  • Have you tried removing any channel you observe this issue on from the Roku home screen? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again.
  • Have you tried using another HDMI cable to connect your Roku device?
  • Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help resolve your audio issue? What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos