Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wdrbbq
Reel Rookie

No Closed Captions on Sling

Hello. I hope this is the correct forum. I have a Hisense Roku tv with a remote that allows me to program a button to turn Closed Captions on or off by merely pressing it.

However, this works on all of my streaming services except Sling. With Sling I get a note that says Not Available At This Time, regardless of the time or the Sling channel I'm watching. Is there any way, except turning on Closed Captions before I open Sling, to turn captions on or off as I'm watching? 

I'm 75 years old and hearing impaired. I turn Closed Captions on for watching everything but sports.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: No Closed Captions on Sling

Hi @wdrbbq

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Closed captions are available only when the service provider (e.g., Netflix, The Roku Channel, or Hulu) includes them with their content. Check with the service provider for information about the availability of closed captions.

For some service providers, closed captions are activated from within the channel. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can see more here: How to enable closed captioning

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos