Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron21
Channel Surfer

Re: Newsmax to end Free Streams. Don't Blame Roku

I just had a chat with support. Here is the transcript:

Chat started on 01 Nov 2023, 07:30 PM (GMT+0)

(07:30:14)

*** Ron Pearce joined the chat ***

(07:30:15)

Ron Pearce
When will you have the new Newsmax+ channel available? Newsmax tells me that I should be able to view their new streaming live TV with Newsmax+ on Roku.

(07:30:20)

Roku Customer Service
An agent will be with you shortly. To avoid being disconnected, please do not minimize or close this window, and make sure your device has a strong network connection.

(07:30:24)

*** Manoj kumar joined the chat ***

(07:30:57)

Manoj kumar
Hello Ron Pearce,

Hope you're doing great there. Thanks for contacting Roku Technical support. My name is Manoj kumar

(07:32:06)

Ron Pearce
When will you have the new Newsmax+ channel available? Newsmax tells me that I should be able to view their new streaming live TV with Newsmax+ on Roku.

(07:33:25)

Manoj kumar
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused, as of now the newsmax+ channel is not available on the Roku devices

(07:33:36)

Manoj kumar
but our engineers are working on this

(07:33:50)

Manoj kumar
please try after 3 hours the issue will be resolved

(07:34:43)

Ron Pearce
OK...thanks.

(07:34:53)

Manoj kumar
Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you through chat support! If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also visit https://support.roku.com and https://blog.roku.com/ for more information about our products and channel offering. Take care and happy streaming!

(07:35:13)

*** Manoj kumar left the chat ***

(07:35:13)

*** Ron Pearce left the chat ***

0 Kudos

i used to be a fox fan until they sort of went more left and before that i had sling only for fox news.  then i found newsmax and ditched sling/fox.  Recently, president biden, who i think is a terrible president mind you, gave a speech primetime and newsmax cut out after the first 10 minutes.  Like I can't understand/decide on my own if biden's speech was good or bad.  That rubbed me the wrong way.

Now this?

I am going to check out real american voice and see.  I may just go with them and ditch newsmax.

0 Kudos

CONcast’s Xfinity TV service is the worst live TV service I ever had, worse than Frontier which I didn’t think anyone could beat for incompetence, except maybe Joe Biden. Also Xfinity NEVER worked. The DVR sucked and reliability was awful. So I told them to to go screw at $200 a month, after telling Frontier the same at $234. All these companies can go screw. At a point where not only can’t afford it anymore (thanks Biden), but paying for everything is getting out of hand. What’s next, Pluto going behind a paywall?  Can’t afford groceries. TRUMP 2024

Dreamvon
Reel Rookie

I just received this text from NM; of course I believe it's a lie!

OR, maybe they didn't have many paid subscribers to begin with! 

Newsmax: Newsmax+ launched today, we're breaking records for new subscribers! Get FREE trial here: nws.mx/iwc

0 Kudos
bk01636
Channel Surfer

Goodbye Newsmax, nice knowing you

Hello real america's voice. Didnt know you existed until now!

JimmyB

Thats right. It caught everyone off guard so many ppl subscribed to (fell for) the ‘free trial’. So the immediate effect is “record subscribers” but the overall effect is bankruptcy for Newsmax I believe.

bk01636
Channel Surfer

I didnt fall for it.  No "free" trials and no pay for view. If I were to pay I would pay for Foxnews. The reason I watched Newsmax was I didn't want to pay for Foxnews via a cable provider.

What a scam.

Dreamvon
Reel Rookie

Newsmax: Newsmax+ launched today, we're breaking records for new subscribers! 

This is what I received in a NM text message 🤔

Personally, I don't believe this! MO

JimmyB

Amen to that!

0 Kudos
bk01636
Channel Surfer

Re: Goodbye Newsmax, nice knowing you

Real America's voice is going to get record viewers 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.