Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjaz
Channel Surfer

Re: Newsmax to end Free Streams. Don't Blame Roku

Not going to pay. Cut the cord years ago and this is not worth paying for.

CJS2

I paid for Newsmax+ yesterday but only get it on my phone. Not getting it on ROKU... how can I access it there?

0 Kudos
Sbannach

It is time to delete the app, but I suspect they will be back after this experiment fails.  Many of the commercials they run are questionable at best and have always left me feeling that Newsmax cares more about the money they receive than how it reflects their brand.  Now that being said, if I didn't have to watch the horrible commercials, then I could justify paying.  I would take it a step further, If I didn't have to see the commericals I would pay double.  When they are taking money for advertising, we should not have to suffer through the commercials, the news should be free.  

Ratsnest
Channel Surfer

Ok Roku, where's the new newsmax app? And not that free one.

Ladytexas

Where is the Newsmax Plus app I cannot find it on Roku

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

It does not look like Newsmax has updated their OTT channels/apps to support Newsmax+ yet.  Will need to wait for them to update or release a new channel/app for the Roku platform.

I noticed the login screen for the Newsmax+ appears when trying to watch online at their site. Here you can login/signin/signup.   https://www.newsmaxtv.com/  You could then cast to your TV or through Roku, or use a HDMI cable from your laptop directly to your TV. (no Roku required)

I like to use Web Video Caster for casting online content to my Roku devices. Install the companion receiver on your Roku device/RokuTV, and then the Web Video Caster app on your phone or mobile device.  https://channelstore.roku.com/details/dd37e6d096d3197a9578787890118e33/web-video-caster-receiver

I noticed when I installed the Newsmax app on my phone, it automatically had Newsmax+, Newsmax2, etc and played LiveTV fine without signing in. (did not create an account for Newsmax).  Did not seem to be a preview (timed), though this is likely to change.

------

Almost seems that Newsmax kind of forgot their agreement went into effect today.  Either that, or the lack of having an available OTT channel/app ready to go for Roku and other streaming services shows users their newly found priority.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

PITBULL95
Binge Watcher

I've been gradually watching RAV, REAL AMERICA'S VOICE for awhile and less of Newsmax and honestly I think it's much better.  Their programs contain longer interviews with less interruptions from the hosts and better indepth coverage of events during the day.

PITBULL95
Binge Watcher

Watch RAV, REAL America's Voice. It's a much better network and it's FREE. 

Ca307

I signed up for the free trial on Newsmax plus but guess what...there's no app !  What the heck !

0 Kudos
PITBULL95
Binge Watcher

Tune into RAV, REAL AMERICA'S VOICE, it's free & honestly has better programming. Much less of the RINOS & way more honest coverage of Trump.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.