Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elbeeNJ

Re: Newsmax to end Free Streams. Don't Blame Roku

Thank you for the list of alternatives. I usually just swapped between RAV and Newsmax so now I'll just add these others since NewsMin is putting itself out to pasture..

rawarren01

so we get to pay new max so they can show us their many,many commercials and mini infomercials????

no thanks

karatemom2

Not paying. These paywalls nickel and dime you to death and it's no better than the costs associated with cable subscriptions.  I switched from Fox News to Newsmax because of my disgust with Fox and the fact Newsmax was free streaming.  I do plan to cut my cable subscription very soon when my contract ends. Their rates are atrocious.  Now that Newsmax is behind a paywall, I'm done with them too.  So nice of Newsmax to just "spring" the change on viewers without much notice or explanation....Thanks for the alternative choices.  I will give them a try.  Maybe I'll just keep my TV off most of the day and limit my news consumption all together to just an hour a day and watch some local news which I've not done.  It's all quite stressful anyway. DUMB MOVE NEWSMAX! Buh bye!

To bad I can’t afford it plus news should never charge this makes me think Newsmax is no better then the left news now 

Kitty99
Binge Watcher

Thank you for the suggestions.  Newsmax shot themselves in the Foot, IMHO.

Kitty99
Binge Watcher

Roku better find more FREE LIVE News channels. I mean World news like Fox or Newsmax. They are beating Roku at the game right now, with Newsmax going behind a pay wall. Otherwise, Roku won't be as popular.

bharrett

How do you get Real Americas Voice

0 Kudos

Go to the Home Screen then go to the Search area and just type it in. It will appear over on the right.

Go to it and hit the OK button on remote and add channel.

0 Kudos
Kitty99
Binge Watcher

If you have a computer, go here to search for channels and add to your Roku Account.  You have to have a Roku account, it is free.  When you add channels from this site, it will automatically be inserted on your Roku device(s) as long as you are logged into them on each device. Top Free Movies & TV Channels | TV Apps | Roku Channel Store | Roku

0 Kudos
Barlababe
Reel Rookie

Like everything else, it was good while it lasted. I'm on a fixed income and cannot afford yet another paid subscription to yet another "news" source with nothing but constant "quick breaks" and repeated political commentator opinions. Shame on them. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.