Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GerasHerdez
Reel Rookie

Netflix refuses to work on Roku Express

Jump to solution

I've bought two (2) roku products and none of them work with Netflix. The first was a roku stick. Every other channel worked perfectly (Hulu, Disney+, tubi, etc.) but not Netflix.

So I bought a roku express in the hopes that this device would be more capable of running Netflix.

Well, it didn't work either. Netflix will gets stuck and freezes while loading a promotional video that they always show upon start up.

Here's what I've done to try and fix this issue:

• Updated Software - My roku device has the latest update (11.5.0). And the Netflix app has the latest update too.

• Uninstalled and reinstalled roku.

• Checked and double checked my connection.

NONE OF THAT WORKED. Netflix still refuses to play on roku.

Again and I repeat: EVERY OTHER CHANNEL WORKS FLAWLESSLY USING THE SAME ROKU DEVICE AND CONNECTION.

So its not my connection or the roku device which is the problem. It clearly is the Netflix app which is poorly optimized to work with roku.

And I was wondering what practical solutions I have before I try a alternate device to watch Netflix on my TV (not roku because this will be my last attempt with it).

Thank you.

#netflix 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix refuses to work on Roku Express

Jump to solution

Hello @GerasHerdez

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the Netflix channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know if this works for you!

Best regards,
Karla

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @GerasHerdez

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the Netflix channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know if this works for you!

Best regards,
Karla

GerasHerdez
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seems to be working now after following your recommendation of resetting roku.

Here's hoping that this solution sticks for good.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @GerasHerdez

Thanks for the update. We're glad to know it's working now!

For future reference, here's how you can do System Update:  (Settings > System > System update > Check now)

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Happy Streaming!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos