Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wjk1
Reel Rookie

Netflix preview autoplay issue with different Roku versions

I have two Roku devices: Roku_3930X and Roku_3900X connected to two separate TVs.

Netflix app in Roku_3900X doesn't play preview automatically, while it plays in Roku_3930X.

So I figure it could be Roku issue, not Netflix issue and checked software version.

Netflix app versions for #Roku_3930X and #Roku_3900X are nrdapp 2018.1.7.0 and nrdapp 2017.1.3, respectively

Both devices say they are up to date.

Is it the reason that Netflix preview not autoplay in Roku_3900X?

Does Roku_3900X not support newer version of Netflix app?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix preview autoplay issue with different Roku versions

Hi @wjk1

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about this, and we would be more than glad to assist. We see that your channel has a different channel version, and updating the older version installed on your Roku 3900 should get the latest version of Netflix. To do this, kindly follow the instructions below:

1. On your Roku's homescreen, scroll to the channel you want to update.
  2. Press the star button on your Roku remote.
  3. In the pop-up that opens, select Check for updates.

Let us know if you're able to update the channel.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wjk1
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuTakashi 

I've already done it before I posted.  For Roku 3900, netflix 2017 is the latest version.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

The 3900 is older hardware and may not be able to support the preview. I have some older devices that run Netflix, but without the preview. This is up to Netflix as to what version is used for each hardware, based on it's capabilities. I wonder if the 3900 still has the Exit Netflix on the bottom left, or is it on the bottom-right?

0 Kudos
wjk1
Reel Rookie

3900 left, 3930 right. Should I try to exit Neftlix?

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

That just shows that the 3900 is the older version and Netflix will not update that model. The exit options are just a clean way to exit instead of hitting the home key. Makes no difference. As noted before, the 3900 is 6 years old. I wouldn't be surprised to see Roku drop support before OS13.

0 Kudos