Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix playback stuck at 24% on Roku TV

Roku TV, model 75R6A5R, SW 12.5.55 build 4174. Netflix stuck loading 24%
* All other apps= fine
* Netflix on other Roku TV's= fine
* Cleared cache
*Unplugged
*Rebooted modem
*Uninstall/reinstall app
* Logged out
* Home button 5x code
* Tried Netflix Konami code
Anyone else having this issue? Know of a solution I haven't tried?
Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix playback stuck at 24% on Roku TV

Hi @Rolled_gold78,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the playback issue you're having with the Netflix channel and for trying out some troubleshooting steps. If this is happening with all the content you're accessing, you could try connecting your Roku TV to a different network, like a mobile hotspot, to see if that makes a difference.

Let us know how things turn out.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Rolled_gold78 -

When reinstalling Netflix, did you restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache after uninstalling but BEFORE reinstalling the channel?  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model number you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or under "Settings > System".   If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

**On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart.  Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Did any of the solutions work?  I am having the same exact issue, stuck at 24% and I’ve done every suggestion I can find on here.  I’ve rebooted TV, changed network, cleared cache, deleted Netflix, unplugged the TV, reinstalled the app, etc.  nothing seems to get me past 24% and I’m frustrated enough that I’m about to just cancel my Netflix subscription

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @bigboylarry.

Thanks for reaching out and we appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you've taken. 

In this case, we will coordinate this with the appropriate team to conduct a thorough investigation. With this being said, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version
  • A photo of what you are seeing when you open the Netflix app.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Has there been a solution found for this issue ? I have tried all the troubleshooting steps and it still is stuck on 24% . Netflix is working on every other device in my house on the same network

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @doobiesnaxx!

Please be aware that this is still being investigated, and we haven't received any updates yet.

No worries! Since you are experiencing the same issue as posted above and have exhausted all the possible troubleshooting steps, we'd like to include your device in the process of investigation.

With this being said, kindly provide us with the necessary details such as requested in the above post. Once again, we appreciate the steps you've taken so far and for reporting this to us.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
frinksterj

I am also having the same issue.  it's been going on for months on my newer 65 inch Roku TV.  No other app is giving me the same issue.  All other Roku's in the house work just fine.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @frinksterj!

Thanks for letting us know about the issues you've encountered with the Netflix app on your Roku TV. We'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you.

Kindly follow the steps provided below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

For reference, here's the support article related to this: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the issue persists after doing so, please provide us with the details requested in the above post so we can investigate your device. 

Keep us posted.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sluggz

None of what was suggested worked. How is this still a problem. At this point o would be better off tossing out all these Roku tvs of mine and just getting something else. Kind of ridiculous to have the same problem with zero solutions for years 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.