Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkbnj
Streaming Star

Re: Netflix freezes on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  Hi Danny, any update? Can Roku swap this device for a working one?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mkbnj 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the Netflix channel freezing on your Roku device.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to look into further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nealp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

serial x01700kacjk8

sw 11.5.0 

issue id k8-095-220

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @nealp,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• What kind of issue are you experiencing?
  • Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?
  • Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?
  • What was the error message when attempting to stream the channel?
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mkbnj
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Hi Danny, it's been 10 days, any updates?

0 Kudos
nealp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Following up here to see if there's been any resolution.  Again, Netflix (all shows) freeze on the Roku Streaming Stick +.    All other services work fine.  My internet is fine with no issues.  However my TV is pre 2014 720p.  I have the Roku set for 720p resolution and the issue persists.  I've deinstalled/reinstalled Netflix, reset the Roku, powered Wifi off/on all the usual IT recommendations.

0 Kudos
mkbnj
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  Hi Danny another case of Netflix freezing on 720p display, though different Roku device than mine. Any progress on this issue?

1T9T9Z1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@mkbnjHello, I found this community when I searched google for my TV's model number: TC-P42X5, and the words "Netflix freezing". Seems you and I have the same TV and the same issues. I have been playing with this issue all day today, 3/22/23. I first noticed it yesterday, 3/21/23. I have several Roku Ultra models, I tried a few, they all do the same thing, play a Netflix show or movie, and it pauses. I click play, seconds later, it pauses. Same thing over and over. Weird thing, it did NOT do this on 3/20/23. That day I watched Netflix for roughly 3 hours without any issues. But on that same evening of 3/20/23, my son came over, and asked me to look at something with his computer, an older i3 Dell, with Windows 7. Nonetheless, I just plugged it into my TC-P42X5 TV via HDMI and after he left, I went to bed, did not use the TV again that night. Next afternoon/evening, 3/21/23, is when I first noticed the Netflix issue. I wonder if connecting the PC to the TV is what caused this to begin. I have done all of the standard resets and processes of elimination; restart Roku, reset Roku to factory, reboot router, connect Roku to cell phone hot spot, restart TV, reset TV to factory settings, try different HDMI cables, try setting the Roku to 720p, 1080p, 1080p Automatic, try different Roku players(all different ultra models). Seems nothing changes with any of these steps. Only thing that works 100% is moving the Roku players to a different TV, then I can watch without pausing! The issue must be compatibility with the TC-P42X5 TV. However, I did find ONE work-around! This works one time. It only works with Roku that has a memory card in it. Play Netflix, while it is playing, eject the memory card from the Roku. The Roku will open an error message, just click continue, or whatever it says, then it kicks you back to the main Roku screen, then you have to go back into Netflix and it will play without pausing. But I did say "one time", that is because if you leave the show/movie and then go back and play again, the pause issue will come back again. So after the memory card trick, I left it playing for a few hours, until Netflix timed out. One more thing that I did not mention, and nobody else mentioned, is that the same issue also happens with the Tubi channel. So I know it is not JUST Netflix. Tubi does not pause, but it kicks you back to the main page. For example, from the main page, choose a movie, play it, after a few seconds, it just kicks you back to the main page again, so you have to click on the same movie again, and play it, and it will just kick you back after a few more seconds. I read online that unplugging the Panasonic TV overnight may fix some issues. I also read that some issues take unplugging the TV for 3 days. I will try overnight, see if it works tomorrow. Then if the issue still persists, I will give it three full days, 72 hours. Meanwhile I would like to be in contact with you, I will have to come back here to see if you respond - I am curious if you found any work-arounds, or maybe other channels that freeze up. One more thing, when I plugged the computer in, I did not have an outlet, so I plugged in a small splitter, not a surge protector, just a 3 to 1 splitter for the wall outlet. I wonder if that may have triggered this? The TV and the computer were both plugged into the splitter to power them up. Is this possibly what triggered it? Causing some sort of power loop? Let me know what you think. And of course looking to hear what you have learned as well. Thank you for your time. ~Jeff

0 Kudos
mkbnj
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi Jeff, you have done a lot of troubleshooting! My Netflix freezing occurs only with Roku model 4670x. I have an older model, 4640, which does not freeze on Netflix with the Panasonic TV, and so I swapped out 4670x for now, waiting for @RokuDanny-R  to reply. I am told, this issue has been escalated. Thats about five weeks ago now, have not received technical reply since. Good luck in trying solutions to get around the problem, but this seems to be a rare occurrence and Roku, sadly, not too quick to respond.

0 Kudos
mkbnj
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@1T9T9Z1  Hi Jeff, see my reply above. Marty

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.