Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlackAdam
Reel Rookie

NFL+ wont accept my password

When I go to sign into my NFL+ account, it says my email address or password is incorrect. I have double checked each of these and even changed my password and it still won't let me sign in.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: NFL+ wont accept my password

Hi @BlackAdam

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on NFL or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Spotify and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
BlackAdam
Reel Rookie

Yes I tried removing NFL+ and restarted the system but still won't resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @BlackAdam

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the NFL + channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Acorn Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
imtigger

I had the EXACT same issue and I was about to just reset my password, but finally got it to work on my iPad.    I have a different pass for NFL app free account, compared to my Roku pass.   I got it to work with my original pass (not Roku) using this path.... 

I was able to use my original non-roku pass in a chrome web browser on my PC using my free NFL account,  and my account now showed that it was managed by Roku for some reason....  and I still couldn't use that password on my iPad.  PC yes, iPad no.   So back to my iPad...  I first connected it to my TV provider as they asked (Spectrum, who's blocking all games anyway),  and with that, I then tried to use my original password on my iPad, and it at least logged me in, but I still wasn't a member of NFL+.  

Then on my iPad on a whim, I pressed the button to join NFL+ for $14.99 a month (with no intention of going through the final steps and paying for it again) and BOOM... it just kicked in.

Not sure how or why, but maybe that path will help someone else.    

0 Kudos