Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NFL in spanish on HD Homerun channel with ATSC 3.0 on Flex

I think SD is still not being completely clear, perhaps because they don't understand themselves. Back when Roku had an RMP developer that was actually possible to talk to, he explained to me that RMP was only a UI, and that all playback functions were directly performed in the Roku OS. So RMP would be no different than the HDHR channel, sending the media to be played from the OS. That perhaps might be some of the issue, but since I'm not well versed on the programming language used by Roku I might be missing something as well.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NFL in spanish on HD Homerun channel with ATSC 3.0 on Flex

If someone at SD thinks the HDHomerun channel/app is using RMP then they are very confused or what they really mean is that they're just using the video player component that all channels/apps use including RMP.  That's not the same as launching RMP from HDHomerun.  You can't run one channel/app from or within another.  I think we have two poorly supported channels/apps here, but they aren't interconnected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.