Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laurlong15

Setup for logging in and viewing channels

I just got roku tonight and tried setting it up. I have paid for Netflix, Hulu, and peacock. Hulu and Netflix says they couldn’t log me in and to check my info. And when I click on peacock it still makes me choose which plan I want and then when I try to sign in it says they can’t log me in because they are having trouble doing so. How to I get around this to actually be able to sign in. I have triple check my info and everything is correct

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Setup for logging in and viewing channels

@Laurlong15-

When you subscribe to premium subscriptions through 3rd party systems like Roku, Amazon, Hulu, etc, your accounts are with that 3rd party acting as an agent for the channel, not with the channel itself. There are a few exceptions but many 3rd party subscriptions are typically viewable only via the 3rd party service through which you subscribed. In Roku's case, many are viewed via The Roku Channel.

If you want to view on all platforms supported by that channel you typically must subscribe directly with the channel via its web page then use its dedicated app for each platform, authenticating via the credentials you established with the channel account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos