Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rickmik
Binge Watcher

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

Nope. Have been struggling with inability to access content on Newsmax since paying for the Newsmax+ subscription via Roku in the first week of November. Emails have gone unanswered and unable to contact a human person to assist with the repetitive error messages that appear in every attempt.

0 Kudos
Rickmik
Binge Watcher

Re: NOT: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

Have attempted to delete and reload the Newsmax app but the Roku menu does not have a "remove" option, but does allow one to cancel the subscription. I do not want to do that so please advise.

0 Kudos
Rickmik
Binge Watcher

Re: NOT: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

I have experienced the same uncommanded logoffs in the past, but now am unable to access any content other than some of the "live" programming which contains more commercials than the informational content for which I subscribed in the first place. Extremely frustrating!

0 Kudos
PawPawRon
Streaming Star

NO_GO as of 8 pm EST on both our Roku units, ONCE again. Maybe I am wrong but it would be nice to have a ROKU rep get into this thread and comment if they are working with Newsmax to get this issue resolved?

Newsmax bringing their audience thru ROKU gives ROKU a chance to get new eyeballs to their service so in my 70+ year old mind it would benefit ROKU to work with Newsmax and get this Login issue resolved.

I did a search prior to making this post to see if any other platforms are reporting similar login issues and there were a "few" but not the "HUNDREDS" that are being reported here. Consider the fact that probably only a fraction of 1% of ROKU subscribers are actually posting here but still have issues with the Newsmax+ login. Is anyone within ROKU listening or reading these numerous threads and if so, please take a few minutes and let us know if you are working with Newsmax or simply letting them out there to sink into oblivion?

Rickmik
Binge Watcher

Nope, have been trying daily to access on-demand programming via the Roku app and the Newsmax app and am unable to view any of the content except some live programming despite paying for an annual subscription in early November. Have logged in, cancelled subscription auto-renewal, logged out, checked settings, etc. but am unable to remove the Newsmax channel to reload and see if that works. Computer tech jargon is no help so am hopeful that someone can please advise so that the average user can follow some simple instructions to resolve this current issue.

0 Kudos
Rickmik
Binge Watcher

Yep, and I will never get back all the time that I've wasted struggling to access an internet service that I have already paid for almost a month ago. Someone from either Roku or Newsmax needs to pay attention to their paying customers, or they are likely to lose some of them.

0 Kudos
ZIMM123

These posts must be dated when the app initially was available.  I WIFI/ stream 4 television and the app works fine throughout the house.

PNS-user
Channel Surfer

They are.  A Roku poster gave me the right direction; although Roku c/s could have known Newsmax didn't want a third party billing involved.  NOW my question to Newsmax is why am I paying $5.67/month:  Where does the "extra" .68 come from?  So far, "Elnora" (Newsmax c/s) says "it's Federal tax."  I asked for a email with that detail four days ago ago, but expected no reply from Newsmax & haven't gotten one yet.  Is anyone else paying $5.67?  I live in FL, so it's not state-related.

0 Kudos
PNS-user
Channel Surfer

A Roku poster gave me the right direction; although Roku c/s could have known Newsmax didn't want a third party billing involved.  NOW my question to Newsmax is why am I paying $5.67/month:  Where does the "extra" .68 come from?  So far, "Elnora" (Newsmax c/s) says "it's Federal tax."  I asked for a email with that detail four days ago ago, but expected no reply from Newsmax & haven't gotten one yet.  Is anyone else paying $5.67?  I live in FL, so it's not state-related.

0 Kudos
Brakerc
Channel Surfer

I am in Ohio.  Am paying $5.39 per month. To Newsmax Plus.  I was given a 2 week trial free.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.