Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

It IS a tax.  FCC charges it.  My $49.99 yearly bill got billed at $53.14.  6.3% added tax

PNS-user
Channel Surfer

You've always had good info.  I'll wait until next month to see what happens; in view of not being able to get c/s at "Plus" to help or give me a detailed answer.  The 13.6% I was charged "might" be from going through Roku initially - that took my $4.99 on 11/2 - and seeing your reply, corrected that (cancelled the Roku charge), re-upped via Newmax + which never did hit my card until 11/28.  Don't know, "Plus" c/s can't spell it out; probably b/c they don't have the tools to do their job, as long as they are now standing as - also - the company associate who answers billing questions too...'just frustrating not to be able to get an answer from a phone call; a chat option might be beneficial to Newsmax + but that doesn't exist. 

0 Kudos
Rickmik
Binge Watcher

Yep, but after getting billed in early November for an annual subscription on Roku, am still unable to view the programming that I have paid for. Please alert the paying customers and provide detailed instructions on how to resolve this problem or get a refund of our money.

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

@Rickmik   MANY people made the same mistake and signed up through ROKU, rather than the Newsmax site.  From what I've read, everyone got in touch with ROKU, explained what happened and were "refunded".  Then they went to the correct site (newsmaxtv.com) to register....Good Luck

DonnaM
Roku Guru

@Brakerc   The yearly subscription comes to $4.16 a month +tax.  I still believe the tax "varies" depending on your State. 

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Thank you @PNS-user I assume that was meant for me.  I think you're right about the charge.  There might have been some overlap in the charge.  Next month it should square away.  Remember, the charge does not include tax, so i think the tax DOES vary depending on your state. 

All I can say about the C/S issue is, it's a good thing we have this outlet to get help right? 

0 Kudos
Nancyc2
Channel Surfer

Customer Service   816 272 8106

JackD356
Binge Watcher

The title should be changed to NEWSMAX PLUS is a joke. I got the trial then my card declined, then 4 other cards declined. JOKE, big one...

As for commercials, yeah you get a lot of them in Mexican language I think. Not sure but English is the language of this **bleep** country.

A JOKE run by a Hillary Clinton supporter...

0 Kudos
JackD356
Binge Watcher

And it's really fun logging back in all of the time with a remote on your TV...

What a JOKE...

Just remember, only Liberals know how to screw up websites...

Look up the owner of this clown news site. This is nothing more than a money grab...

tld6008
Channel Surfer

I agree 100% it is about the worst channel app I have ever experienced. Aside from requiring you to repeatedly log on, half the time it take me 4 to 5 times to get to the screen where I can sign on. Usually I just get a grey screen.

TOTAL BS!!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.