Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phattboy

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

I signed up for newsmax plus Nov 3rd, No 15 day free trial they took yearly fee out same day, Haven't been able to watch it since Nov 4th, I want my money back or someone tell me how to sue them for scamming......

Phattboy

Newsmax and Roku are not a trusted source-took my yearly fee and could only watch for one day since Nov 3rd

0 Kudos
leorenee
Binge Watcher

Call Roku they will refund your subscription. Roku's number is 816-2752-8106. If you still want Newsmax plus sign up at newsmaxplus.com. Take that email and password and use that on the newsmax app on Roku. That is what worked for me. The only thing is now I have to keep inputting the password for Newsmax plus each time I sign out and sign in. A pain but worth the effort.

leorenee
Binge Watcher

Roku's number is 816-272-8106 my mistake in the previous message.

0 Kudos
Greenie
Streaming Star

Newsmax worked properly on Roku today. There have been no charges on the credit card I used for the free trial last week. I registered with Newsmax - not Roku.

Sling problems I had yesterday morning were not related to all the attempts I made to view Newsmax recently.

0 Kudos
Lpool
Reel Rookie

Well I did all that and I still cannot watch it.  When I click on the app it goes to a title page and when I click on play it tells me that I have been signed out.  So I sign in and click on that and it tells me I have no subscription.  I do have a subscription!  So I did a chat with Roku today to try and figure out the issue and she told me they weren't carrying Newsmaxplus.  I said " are you sure because you have the app and I was able to see that it wasn't Newsmax2". And she said yes, we don't carry it.  And then she switched me over to billing so I could cancel my subscription.  I don't know who to believe and it shouldn't be this hard.  I'm very disappointed in Newsmax as I only heard about the switch on Oct 31...it was my favorite news program..

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Make sure you use your "back arrow" button until you get to the box asking you if you "want to exit", then click EXIT.  It takes 2-3 back arrows.  I wish they had an Exit on their left screen, but, oh well.

IF you don't EXIT correctly, it WILL ask you to sign in each time. 

So, in other words, back out to EXIT..You should be fine then!!!

0 Kudos
Greenie
Streaming Star

Looks like Tuesday when I could view Newsmax+ was a glitch. I'm back to signing in only to get the page telling me that I'm logged out. Today marks a full week of mostly unavailable Newsmax+ programming despite all my attempts. Newsmax has not responded to my requests for assistance either - I asked politely by email and by phone for assistance. Nothing.

Lpool
Reel Rookie

I did exactly as you said and it doesn't work for me.  I kept getting I was signed out, so I signed in and then it told me I had no subscription and I did per my account and it was just a vicious circle of back and forth.  

0 Kudos
Greenie
Streaming Star

I'd be careful with thinking that paying monthly right now without the 14 day free trial will make a difference. I'm already envisioning the difficulties with cancelling the monthly service subscription once my basically useless 14 day free trial expires in another week. It's going to be a battle without being able to reach anyone at Newsmax.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.