Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HamBone-HH
Reel Rookie

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

11/5/2023- Yes - every time I try to use the Newsmax plus channel, it tells me I'm logged out. I can sign back in and it works until I go to another channel and come back. This is not right. I don't need to do this with other streaming services. it works the same way for my relatives. Utterly ridiculous - Newsmax fix your app please!!!

0 Kudos
Carrolla
Reel Rookie

I still can’t access newsmaxplus 

0 Kudos
Carrolla
Reel Rookie

I have went and updated as described. Still can’t access newsmaxplus. iMessage I have been signed out. I now have the yearly subscription and monthly. Already taken out on my card. What can I try next. I’m very disappointed with newsmax on this new roll out almost has bad as Obama’s health care roll out .

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

I don't why everyone keeps saying "I can't access NewsmaxPlus".  THERE IS NO SUCH APP AS NEWSMAXPLUS!!!!  It's Newsmax, and always has been Newsmax.  If you went into the Newsmax APP and did an update, it automatically becamse updated for you.  Once you sign in, you're in.  I don't have any idea why you're saying "you've been logged out".  I have had no problems at all.  Sorry you're having such difficulty.  It would be nice if this site allow attachents!!!

0 Kudos
HamBone-HH
Reel Rookie

May have found the solution to the issue I was having with needing to enter my credentials each and every time I access the new app -

- Make sure when exiting the app you hit left arrow to back all the way out of the app to the point where it asks if you want to exit and then respond yes. Don't just hit the home button - after doing that once I was able to return without redoing my username and password. There is no exit item in the menu, so you need to left arrow until prompted to exit. worked for me on all my TVs. - good luck!

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

That's true.  I always arrow backwards out to "EXIT" from the app.  Glad that worked for you.

0 Kudos
Jmp62

I do have the Newsmax+ on my Roku, my only issue is I have to keep putting the PW in every time I go to another channel and return.   I researched everywhere on Roku, there is no save PW on this app, probably a Newsmax cloud issue or preference.   Sent them an email.

0 Kudos
Labreeze61
Reel Rookie

So far Newsmax plus have not fixed anything yet. Not looking good for them from a lot of people. 

0 Kudos
Greenie
Streaming Star

Good grief... Now Sling is unobtainium.

0 Kudos
SBHIGGY
Reel Rookie

Same here I paid the 4.99 on the newsmax site. Wouldn’t work so then I paid them thru roku via PayPal, STILL DONT WORK. come on newsmax fix this. Or i as many others state will get my money back and be done. Greed pure greed.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.