Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leorenee
Binge Watcher

Re: NEWSMAX PLUS IS A GO, they heard our complaints and fixed things

Call Roku to cancel 1-816-272-8106. Easy and simple. Newsmax horrible and get no where.

PNS-user
Channel Surfer

They were a go 11/3, following the direction in this post; signed in, Roku took my $4.99 payment, watched NM+ evening of 11/3.  NO MORE from 11/4:  Roku C/S & Technical Support said 11/4 that NM pulled the app from Roku, Roku billing credited me back $4.99 on 11/4.  Will call NM C/S 11/6 (they have zero C/S support on weekends) & ask for resolution to their botched launch failure alienating 73.5 million Roku subscribers.  But thank you Roku team for being there PM 11/4 & your answers confirming why NM is now NON-OP with no resolution from NM(!!!)

0 Kudos
RaymondLLandis
Reel Rookie

Newsmax won’t work and Roku doesn’t provide a delete option on my Roku. 

neither Roku or Newsmax offer help, both are awful customer service. They each blame the other for the problem. I just want to give up on Newsmax, but I can’t even delete it. 

0 Kudos
mconneen
Reel Rookie

When I stream Newsmax on the old Roku device in my living room I have had to login first to Newsmax to get it to work for Newsmax Plus. I checked it this morning and there is no new update available. I purchased a new Roku device for a bedroom TV and installed it yesterday. I am not having any issues with the new device and have not had to login first to stream Newsmax plus. Not sure why there is a difference between the two Roku devices???

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

There was nothing "botched" on Newsmax end.  @PNS-user It was user error...

You were supposed to go through the newsmax website to sign up, NOT your ROKU device.  ROKU has given so MANY credits the past 4 days to people that didn't follow instructions!!! Bless their CS team!!  (sorry to be so blunt) ;(

Go to the Newsmax site and sign up.  https://www.newsmaxtv.com/

Once you have your new U/N and password, then you can go to your ROKU.  When you find the Newsmax APP on your ROKU, then, HIGHLIGHT IT (do NOT click on it).  Using your remote, select the "*" button, and choose to Update Newsmax APP.  p.s. The "*" option also allows you to move the APP on your home screen.  Once it updates, you will be asked to LOGIN with your new U/N and P/W.

ADW1
Reel Rookie

I tried this ans was told to call Newsmax. No refund and no help

0 Kudos
leorenee
Binge Watcher

Donnam doesn't make since Friendlytv and hulu are both through Roku and no problems whatsoever, but Newsmax comes along now there's an issue. Well I for one won't be getting Newsmax plus.

0 Kudos
Greenie
Streaming Star

I tried this morning... no joy. I tried again a few minutes ago and I was able to watch Newsmax+ on Roku. I switched channels and tried to go back to Newsmax+ and didn't need to log in. This is after a string of failures so I'm not convinced problems are solved but at least there's some hope. Thanks Donna M!

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Did you say that when you logged into your LR device yesterday to watch Newsmax you WERE able to watch the new programming???  I think you did.  What were you expecting this morning.  There is NO NEW NEWSMAX APP!!!!  The same APP you had before "NEWSMAX" updated for you yesterday.  When you log into your LR ROKU now, you should be directed directly to the new updated APP.  You shouldn't have to log in.  If you are asked to LOGIN, then you should only have to do it once...

0 Kudos
DonnaM
Roku Guru

You're welcome @Greenie There IS hope!!!  Glad things worked out for you

0 Kudos