Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: NBC SPORTS APP Error Code: Cloudpath ErrorRetransUserMVPDBlacklisted

Jump to solution

Hi @mmatthew2

Thank you for the post!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

NLTCrow
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi Lianna  -

Maybe you should spend a lot more time reading and a bit less time posting.

The Error message is in the title of your post for cryin' out loud.

This thread is now 24 pages long and the problem which has been going on for nearly 2 months has been detailed repeatedly.

The NBC Sports App does not allow any of us to watch streaming live games when accessed through Roku.

Other folks say it works fine on a Firestick, I can attest it works on a Win10 laptop.

We all agree it does not work on Roku.
We all agree Roku has known about this for close to 2 months.
We all agree Roku has passed the point of incompetence and is now negligent in refusing to fix this known issue.
We all agree Roku customer service as evidenced by your post is so poor it's laughable.
Most of us agree we wished we'd bought a Firestick instead of a Roku and will remedy this situation when it's next time to make a purchase of one or the other.

Mollybbbb
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Lianna, 

Your post is beyond insulting to all of our concerns! I can’t even call it a response because you didn’t even read what we have been posting about. I can only assume that Roku does not read this community forum! Where and who should we direct our problems because this clearly is not the effective arena. 
We are not going away and we demand that Roku properly address this issue. I have and will continue to contact the sport franchises affected by you failure to fix this error. It is unacceptable that you don’t have a single IT employee to fix this or even worse that you don’t care! 

ernieba1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Actually, I think we are going away. Firestick, Chromecast, etc.

Alexs52
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think it’s been said enough to get a firestick. Some of us don’t have an extra $40 right now to pay for something extra when the tv we bought should be working fine. 

Larryd224
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I couldn't wait any longer....I purchased a Amazon firestick ...it was delivered Sunday.....back to watching my Philadelphia Sports teams....

NO THANKS TO ROKU....

0 Kudos
afmarsh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Seriously @RokuLianna?!? Did you even read this thread that's going on 2 months and hundreds of responses? Did you notice the error message is IN THE HEADER?

Enough already. Would someone at Roku who has a clue please let us know what is going on with this? It is beyond absurd.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I don't know if this will help anybody or not, as I have not been experiencing this problem with NBC Sports.   My provider account is a Directv satellite subscription.

Cloudpath errors deal with logging you into a channel that uses the Cloudpath service for its "tv provider" subscription management. The NBC family of channels uses Cloudpath, I don't know if there are others.

One thing that some have reported fixes this is going into the channel on your Roku, unlinking from your provider account from within the channel app, then linking back in again.  Once fixed it should apply to all NBC Universal channels.

In the NBC Sports app, go to More in the top menu, then My Profile.  You can unlink/link from there.

I just did this with my account here with some trepidation, fearing I'd get the same Cloudpath error being reported here, but I relinked with no problem and can view content.  I don't know, or have any way to test, whether this is because Directv links work where other tv provider accounts don't.   But I think it does illustrate that the problem is not at Roku's end.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Altpr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Makaiguy, most of us have tried that to no availability. 😞  I believe it is an NBC sport app issue. Whatever upgrade they did caused this issue. I have no other issues with any other apps on my Roku. In fact, the ABC app did an update which I think NBC tried to copy since the upgrade looks exactly like ABC, and there is no issue with ABC. 

Mollybbbb
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestion. I and I believe many of us have tried this many many times with no success. All was fine until there was an update to the software for NBC sports. I don’t know who is responsible  but I know that Roku users are having the most trouble and since they are the platform for the software, it makes sense that they get involved and solve this issue on their platform. Whether it’s them or NBC sports, someone should manage this and the best ones to manage is Roku, not us who only have the power of our voicing complaints.  If I have an issue with someone who supplies services to me which I then pass on to others, I don’t just sit around and hope for the best. It’s called being proactive and proud to offer a quality product.