Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My weather channel app is not working

My weather channel app is not working. Everything you click on a show is try’s to load and then it just takes you right back to main screen. How do you fix this? @@The weatherChannel 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: My weather channel app is not working

Hello @Melissad819,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot any channel playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
kartersolomon
Reel Rookie

my weather channel keeps on crashing when i click on weather gone viral or any diffrent show that i watched in the past. is there any fix?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @kartersolomon

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on the Weather channel across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected Weather channel and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
kartersolomon
Reel Rookie

i tried all but it wont let me watch my recently watched shows

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @kartersolomon

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Weather channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Weather channel Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna 

0 Kudos
Ahouseman

same here

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ahouseman,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
  2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  3. Are you being prompted with an error message?
  4. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
  5. Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help with the playback issue? How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos