Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loganm00
Reel Rookie

Multiple Roku Ultras not saving ANY app credentials - requires new login each time

I have nine Roku Ultras in one house (on a single network). Each one is powered via outlet (not USB), hardwired to a network switch, and logged in using the same Roku account. All Rokus have auto power saving disabled so they stay powered on. Each Roku has a DHCP reservation on the network with a 7-day lease time. 

Several (3 or 4) do not save any app login credentials (netflix, hulu, youtube, spotify, etc) and force me to log in every time. This is not unique to any one app - ALL APPS on the Roku require a new login. Other Rokus save these credentials just fine. I've reconnected them to the network, rebooted devices, removed apps, and re-added. I'm planning to factory reset devices but I don't have much faith that will fix it.

I see other posts on this forum about this issue but never a resolution. What is going on? Is this a known problem? Is it device specific? Do I need to RMA Rokus that do this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Multiple Roku Ultras not saving ANY app credentials - requires new login each time

Hi @loganm00,

Welcome to your first post here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry you're experiencing this issue with your Roku device and apps. Constantly being logged out of apps can be frustrating and time-consuming. Since this issue seems to be affecting multiple channels, a factory restart may be the last option to fix this. We recommend factory resetting the Roku streaming device to see if the issue persists. Please be aware that factory resetting the Roku device will require you to re-activate the device and may ask for you to re-authenticate some channels.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device
In addition, please be aware that when you remove a channel from a Roku device, it will be removed from all Roku devices linked to the same Roku account.

Please keep us posted on what you find out so we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
loganm00
Reel Rookie

Re: Multiple Roku Ultras not saving ANY app credentials - requires new login each time

Update: I have factory reset all Rokus that were having the issue but it still persists. Looking through these forums, I'm not the only one with the problem and the copy/paste answer is update roku/reboot router/clear roku cache/delete apps/factory reset roku. 

Now that those don't work, what's next? I see other posts on this forum with the same problem yet no real solution. 

Do I need to return 9 Rokus in favor of Apple TVs? 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us updated with this information. @loganm00,

We would like to request additional details regarding the issue you've encountered since this is happening to all of your Roku Ultra streaming devices. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.