Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texboyer
Reel Rookie

Movieland.tv video not returning after several commercial breaks

For the last week, I’ve had trouble with movieland videos. Frequently the video will not return after one of those commercial breaks. The audio plays, the video shows 99% on a black screen but the video isn’t visible. I have to exit the app and restart the movie to fix the problem. It started with the Bridge Over The River Kwai and tonight it is the Eiger Sanction. 
anyone else having this trouble?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Movieland.tv video not returning after several commercial breaks

@Texboyer 

Seems a few different channels/apps have been having different issues this week.

Could certainly just be an issue with the ad server (some reportedly hang and cause issues such as you described).  Usually have to exit out and then restart the movie or continue playing, if that is an option.

I haven't used Movieland.tv much in the last week, but I can say I run into various issues/bugs with this channel.  Great content, but a bit on the unpolished/buggy side.  Wait until you watch a movie and the last 5 minutes is missing. 🙂

Perhaps try the Uninstall channel/app, Restart the Roku device, Reinstall the channel/app procedure (in that order) and see if that helps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos