Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR57
Reel Rookie

Commercials Extending into Live Content

Trying to watch CNBC via Roku and noticed that the returns from commercial breaks always cut minutes into existing live content. Extremely frustrating!

Attempting to narrow down the cause, I viewed CNBC simultaneously via CNBC mobile app and noticed that the CNBC stream on Roku always showed 3-4 more commercials after the mobile streaming had returned to the live content. It is ridiculous how much live content is missed at every single commercial break!

I have Roku on several TV's and haven't noticed this problem on other channels. But I have also watched CNBC directly on another tv via a cable provider and did not have the problem there either.  So, I have no idea whether this is a Roku or CNBC issue. Anyone know what the problem is and/or how to remedy?

3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Commercials Extending into Live Content

@JR57 

What Roku app are you using? CNBC content can be viewed in more than one app, so which one is the one you're using?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

JR57
Reel Rookie

I am using the NBC app offered by Roku under Streaming Channels. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@JR57 

The NBC app is built by NBC. It could be the stream, but it's probably a good idea to clear the app and try again.

You may want to try 1) removing the app, 2) rebooting the Roku, then 3) reinstalling the app and see if that helps. By the way, it's got to be that order, or it won't be a clean reinstallation.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."