Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Macwarrior
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Media Player Not Working

I'm using a 2T external hard drive plugged into the UAB. RMP does see anything on the hard drive. I can use it on my other tv (Google tv) but RMP is not seeing any media from my external hd.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Ok, there are reports that OS 11.0 has messed up the USB port when connecting an external hard drive. There's no issue with USB thumb drives, which makes no sense but it is what it is. I do have a portable USB drive with some media on it, so I was going to test my 4800 later today to see if I have the same results. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Macwarrior
Channel Surfer

I'll try a flash drive but my 2T external hd worked just fine before. Should I upgrade my Roku unit? And you mentioned OS11, Are you talking about windows 11? Cause I recently upgraded my computer to windows 11.

0 Kudos
Rick_Dagless_MD
Reel Rookie

Re: USB won't work for my roku 3 after the last update

Hi,

I'm just adding this to the mix too as I've had my Roku box disconnected from internet/ethernet for the past few months and my external hard drive has been playing fine through the RMP app.

I connected back to the internet on Tuesday and the RMP app hasn't worked since.  Every other app is fine.

And I'm on Roku 2, running software 11 (Build 4180-04) and RMP 5.5 (Build 13)

I can also report that after whatever update, the RMP app went from being at the top of my app list to the very last one.

0 Kudos
explor202
Binge Watcher

Similar issue here after the update: I can no longer us a 64GB drive in my Roku3. However, a 32GB still works in my other Roku3. When the 64GB drive is inserted, the Roku recognizes it as a drive and prompts to launch RMP, but once that's done the drive isn't listed as an option to play from.

0 Kudos
EvilBert1
Binge Watcher

Hi Explor202.  What formats are these drives?  Some people same FAT32 drives still work but NTFS drives do not.

0 Kudos
explor202
Binge Watcher

I didn't check the existing drives. However, I did format a different 32GB drive as NTFS and it didn't work. Formatting it again as FAT32 did make it work.

atc98092

No, Roku is rolling out their new OS version 11.0, which is what has borked the USB drive connection. Unless my Ultra 4800 works fine (I can't test it until later today), I don't think upgrading your Roku would make any difference. Of course, if you have a much older Roku (pre-any version of Ultra) there might be other benefits from upgrading.

Dan

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Rick_Dagless_MD what model Roku 2 do you have? There are five different versions, and only two are still officially supported by Roku. And even those two are getting quite old. Need to know the model number.

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Macwarrior

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue you are experiencing. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos