Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manaaju

Max not working on Roku please help me

Jump to solution

Hi, I've been able to use the max app on my roku for over a year. Suddenly it is logged out and I can't log in. I get stuck in a loop where I login and it immediately logs me out when I try to watch a show. My subscription is through YouTubeTV. Anyone else had this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Max not working on Roku please help me

Jump to solution

If you do google search many are having the same issue. It's up to MAX if they accept sign-in credentials from other services on the stand-alone Max app. I guess they no longer do. You're not saving any money doing it through YTTV, cancel your max thru YTTV and resign up directly with MAX proper. I pay for YTTV and have separate account for Max. You might find deal on subscription to the stand-alone Max? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you do google search many are having the same issue. It's up to MAX if they accept sign-in credentials from other services on the stand-alone Max app. I guess they no longer do. You're not saving any money doing it through YTTV, cancel your max thru YTTV and resign up directly with MAX proper. I pay for YTTV and have separate account for Max. You might find deal on subscription to the stand-alone Max? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
keithx13
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem signing in with my tv provider (WOW), but only on the Roku.  I can sign in on my pc and on my iPad without any issues.  Called WOW and verified that I still have MAX, and that WOW has not changed anything in regards to my account or their relationship with MAX.  I can still cast from the iPad to the Roku, but connecting directly is much better.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.