Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Max channel stuck on splash screen

Hi Community users,

We are aware of an issue impacting customers with the Max channel getting stuck on the splash screen.

Max splash screenMax splash screen

If you are seeing this issue occur, we would recommend trying again at a later time as well as taking the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check for a system update through Settings > System > Software update
  2. Restart your Roku device through Settings > System > Power System restart

If you are still experiencing an issue with getting stuck on the Max channel, we would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
CJM277

Cannot Sign in Upgrade or Install the new MAX

There is no option to upgrade from HBOMAX or an option to Sign in at all anywhere. I click on the old HBO Max app and it takes me to a MAX screen with info only. No option to install, upgrade or sign in. 

I have been able to transition flawlessly on my Samsung Smart TV in the living room and on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra G with ZERO issues. On Roku.... not so much

20230523_212539.jpg

kirala
Channel Surfer

Re: Cannot Sign in Upgrade or Install the new MAX

Try uninstalling HBO Max and then searching for the new app. Once you click on the new app it will load, but then the problem becomes that there is no keyboard shown for sign-in!

I was able to get the app, load it and get to the sign-in screen, where it says "sign in with remote" but gives no keyboard to do so!

debsmith5065
Streaming Star

One thing I found that helped was restarting my device via the settings.  Once I did that, the MAX app opened and I was logged in.

0 Kudos
kirala
Channel Surfer

The "no keyboard" glitch on the sign-in screen has now been fixed!

Tavo_CR_69

Re: Max channel stuck on splash screen

Not work for me.

I can´t access HBO MAX, yet.

Modelo 3930X-Roku Express
Número de serie X0040043N1A9
Versión de software 12.0.0 • compilación4184-AE
ID del dispositivo
S0082043N1A9
Dirección IP 192.168.0.171
Dirección MAC inalámbrica
8C:49:62:AB:A5:2E

0 Kudos
Etienne1
Binge Watcher

I've done everything that I can find on this thread and I STILL cannot sign into MAX on my ROKU.  It's been an hour and a half.  I have restarted, updated and everything else and nothing.  This is beyond frustrating.   Please fix this issue.

Etienne1
Binge Watcher

I've tried the above, but had nothing that showed "clear cache and clear data."  How do I find that???

0 Kudos
Etienne1
Binge Watcher

There is an HBO MAX phone number you can call and they will set you up in minutes.  I had the same problem of not being able to sing in through provider.  Please call 855-442-6629.

0 Kudos
Etienne1
Binge Watcher

CALL MAX helpline at 855-442-6629.  Got me set up immediately after hours of frustration.

0 Kudos