Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meeta

Max channel crashing and keeps returning to Max screen

My TCL Roku tv is possessed with Max. I had the app installed and when turning the tv on it would go to Max and start the app and then want me to subscribe. I couldn’t get to settings to do a reset, and couldn’t uninstall the app. It would change screens for seconds and then go back to Max. Finally did the reset button on the back of the tv which was my last resort and upon factory reset it did the same thing with Max taking over??? I was able to uninstall the Max app at this time and now it’s stuck on wanting me to install the Max app allowing me to toggle around but going right back to the Max screen asking me to install Max. Is my tv possessed? Oh and when I power it off it goes on again by itself in a few minutes back to the max screen asking me to install max. Help???

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Mazzaltov
Reel Rookie

Unable to access Max channel and keeps trying to let me subscribe

I tried signing up for the offer and it won’t work. It keeps trying to charge me for the subscription. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Help with HBOmax free trial offer

Hi @Mazzaltov,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We suggest visiting the following Support page for additional information regarding promotional offers: promotional deals.

If you require any more help with account or billing-related matters, please contact our support team here. Make sure to select the Accounts and Billing option to be directed to their contact information.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mazzaltov
Reel Rookie

Saw this reply on others. I have already done this. I am saying that the offer isn’t on this site, even though I just got an email saying the offer was available til 2/11

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mazzaltov,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that you won't be able to sign up for another free trial with that particular provider if you've already had one with the same Roku account (on any Roku device connected to your account). We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up.

You can also click on this link to get HBO Max for thirty days* when you purchase and activate a qualifying Roku streaming device: Roku.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Being held hostage by HBO Max

Do you have a HBO/Max button on your remote?  Try taking the batteries out of the remote and turn on the TV with the power button (if you can find it) and see what happens.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max channel crashing and keeps returning to Max screen

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We are sorry to hear that the Max channel isn't working for you. We would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID) 
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos