Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danman43
Reel Rookie

MagellanTV app runs fine once but then no readable program guide

Jump to solution

I recently subscribed and installed the MagellanTV app on my Roku Ultra. Worked fine for about three weeks. Now, when I open the app, I am greeted by a page full of empty blue "icons" that should have program information in them, with the total runtime of the program displayed below the "icon." If I restart the Roku and open the app it runs correctly but, once closed then reopened later, again, nothing but blue boxes that should have program title and logo in them. I have tried updating but nothing is available. I have removed  and reinstalled the channel (required logging in again) but no help. If I click on a blank icon it will take me to the info page for the program and run the program just fine. But try selecting something to watch from a page of 100 blank, blue icons! Anyone seeing something similar?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: MagellanTV app runs fine once but then no readable program guide

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Magellan TV is currently available in the Roku channel store, you may refer to this link for reference: 

For US users: MagellanTV Documentaries | TV App | Roku Channel Store | Roku

For Canada users: MagellanTV Documentaries | TV App | Roku Channel Store | Roku

For United Kingdom users: MagellanTV Documentaries | TV App | Roku Channel Store | Roku 

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this? Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
danman43
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried a deinstall/reboot/reinstall to no avail. Interestingly enough, I am now at my place in Tucson and my Roku Ultra here is now doing the very same thing! I have 3 Ultras that can't display Magellantv properly. All models are about 3-4 years old and firmware is up to date. Anyone else??

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @danman43,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

If you're still experiencing an issue, try checking for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now. If the issue remains unresolved,I'd recommend reaching out to Magellan TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fmedvedik
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i have the same issue with my tcl smart tvs. any update

?

0 Kudos
danman43
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nothing yet but I'm going to contact Magellantv as recommended by the Roku guru. If I find anything I will post.

allupton54
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've had this problem too. Now the Magellan channel icon is gone and I can't even find it on the channel store

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@allupton54, where are you located?  It's still in the US channel store:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/f9468765630f3f6aef8e80c362bb6763/magellantv-documentaries

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
allupton54
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm in Canada

0 Kudos
allupton54
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just did a search of the channel store and Magellan is totally gone now. I was getting the blue screen before and now nothing. I'm in Canada. I see that US users are still getting it by the comments in this forum

0 Kudos