Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX: no keyboard shown for password entry

I'm having the same problem right now trying to log back in to Max. The sign in screen has a box "use your remote" but nothing happens when i click it; and clicking on the password box also doesn't bring up a keyboard. I can log in fine on my computer and iPad

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
kirala
Channel Surfer

Re: MAX: no keyboard shown for password entry

Same problem here!

0 Kudos
kirala
Channel Surfer

This has now been fixed. The keyboard now shows up on the sign-in screen when you click on the password space.

0 Kudos
robynn60

It has not been fixed mine is still the same

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

When I opened the app and clicked sign in with email, I was able to enter the email address, and it took several times to get into the password box. Once I entered it, a circle spun saying the password needed to be updated which is ridiculous..this isn't a banking site that requires security..From the number of posts it appears the Development team didn't bother to test it across all platforms including Roku..hopefully they'll get it fixed

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney Plus: no keyboard shown for password entry

Hi Community users,

Thanks for bringing this issue regarding the Max channel to our attention.

If you are seeing this issue occur, we would recommend trying again at a later time as well as taking the following troubleshooting steps:
Check for a system update through Settings > System > Software update
Restart your Roku device through Settings > System > Power > System restart

Let us know if the suggested options relieve the issue so that we can further investigate this.

Best regards,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
deegee74

Re: Disney Plus: no keyboard shown for password entry

Hi, tried what was suggested here, and still no way in getting into Max. It might have worked for Disney+ but it's not doing anything for the new Max. Is there any other way to get in without having to update our password?

0 Kudos
katya

I'm still experiencing this issue on my TCL Roku TV. There is only one sign in option available (use remote). Navigating to the email field, Roku offers to populate my account email, which works fine, but then navigating to the password field, there is no on screen keyboard to input a password. I tried to use the remote option on my Roku mobile app because it has a keyboard feature, but the TV makes the "nope" sound instead of the click when entering characters, and nothing appears in the password field. 

I followed the steps to check for a system update and to restart the TV that were recommended here for Disney plus, but this has not resolved the issue for the Max app. I can access my Max account on my laptop just fine, but I'm not gonna buy a whole new TV for it, so I will probably cancel if they don't resolve this.

ETA: thanks @kirala - You have to ask the app nicely for the keyboard by hitting "OK" while the password field is highlighted. Counterintuitive imo, but it works. 

0 Kudos
kirala
Channel Surfer

I can't remember how I did it, exactly, and it may not work for you, but when I navigated to the password entry field, I tried pushing a few different buttons. Not sure which one did it, maybe the OK button? But when I hit the correct button a keyboard emerged from the bottom of the screen. 

Benjamin_Greco
Reel Rookie

I finally had to use the Roku app my phone. 

0 Kudos