Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fyrlyt69
Reel Rookie

Re: MAX Login password length

Jump to solution

So we have to be inconvenienced by changing the password on all of the other devices because roku and MAX can't get this right. 

But you made sure your billing worked just fine. Suspend billing until it is fixed. 

0 Kudos
Fyrlyt69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Km29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did you read through all the replies? There is a workaround - at least it worked in my 4K stick and for some others in this thread. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Where is “providers” mentioned in the temporary fix. Not seeing anything that provides a QR code / number…

we are signed in on so many other devices… changing password would be such a pain to fix a… Max problem. Just when you thought the HBO Max rebrand couldn’t suck more 😂

0 Kudos
Rx4ac

Jump to solution

Hey Roku,

Im extremely disappointed that Roku isn't aggressively addressing this problem, as I use several other platforms and none experience this same issue. For some reason the QR didn't even pop up as an option for me and screen mirroring is a ridiculously cumbersome solution. I'm also too stubborn to change my password that would then require me to log in again to all my other apps and platforms.

Please address this or your users will start to look elsewhere for the already cheaper alternatives to streaming platforms.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with the Max channel authentication.

There was a recent update that should have resolved the issue regarding password authentication. At this time, we invite you to check to see if you are still experiencing an issue and keep us posted what you find out.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WoozyG

Jump to solution

Deleted the channel and added it fresh.  Still wants 10 characters.

0 Kudos
Tgmphantom

Jump to solution

I just went to xbox acted like I was going to sign in to max through phone there it told me to type in link it told me to type in the tv link code after that. But instead of xbox code I went to my Roku and went to the signn in with provider code and then I sighted in on phone like normal

0 Kudos
FatStinkyPanda
Reel Rookie

Re: MAX login password length SOLVED

Jump to solution

SOLVED!! To login to Max on a Roku device follow these steps:

1. Open Max on your Roku and select "Connect your provider" to get a sign in code.

2. On a computer OR phone with 'Desktop Mode' enabled go to max.com/signin.

3. Enter the sign in code displayed on your Roku.

4. Use your email/username and password and login.

5. You're signed in!

If you've done these steps before and logged out on your Roku, and in order to make these steps work again, enable 'Incognito Mode' and make sure 'Desktop Mode' is enabled.

The last alternative is to change your password to one that is at least 10 characters long and use the new password to login on your Roku.

0 Kudos
FatStinkyPanda
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

SOLVED!! To login to Max on a Roku device follow these steps:

1. Open Max on your Roku and select "Connect your provider" to get a sign in code.

2. On a computer OR phone with 'Desktop Mode' enabled go to max.com/signin.

3. Enter the sign in code displayed on your Roku.

4. Use your email/username and password and login.

5. You're signed in!

If you've done these steps before and logged out on your Roku, and in order to make these steps work again, enable 'Incognito Mode' and make sure 'Desktop Mode' is enabled.

The last alternative is to change your password to one that is at least 10 characters long and use the new password to login on your Roku.