Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: MAX Pause function not working correctly

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Rest assured that we have already coordinated this with the appropriate team to conduct a thorough investigation. Once we've received any updates from this, we'll make sure to let the Community know.

In the meantime, we humbly request your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I did some testing with a Fire TV and Google TV. The FireTV, so far, seems to work normally. The default remote for my Google TV has no transport (play/FF/Rew) keys. You have to hit OK button twice to pause. For FF/REW, you have to hold down the right or left buttons for several seconds. I also have an IR adapter that lets me use a different remote. It fully ignores all transport keys on that remote (they do work with Netflix and others.)

For the Roku, if you hit up-arrow first to show the timebar, then the transport keys seem to work normally.

0 Kudos
ABC77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I recently took advantage of the Roku upgrade offer and upgraded a Roku Express 4k+ to the Roku Ultra (about a week ago).  When I installed the Roku Ultra and used it for the first time, the first thing I noticed was I now had to press the Pause button twice to get it to pause, and likewise had to press it twice in order to resume playing.  I thought it was possibly just that the unit acted different or because it came with a different remote.  So it was a coincidence that I began having this issue as soon as I upgraded my Roku unit, but also coincidentally, I was using the MAX app after I installed the new unit.  So I thought it was just a problem I was having with the Roku Ultra, but it sounds like perhaps it's the functioning of the MAX app on Roku and I'm not the only one after all having this problem.  

0 Kudos
jdseymour
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just noticed this issue today. (First time I've watched Max in awhile, so I don't know when this bug appeared).

Hoping Max does not think this is acceptable behavior and will fix this soon.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @ABC77 @jdseymour.

We appreciate you reporting this matter to us. We are aware of this issue with the pause functions inside the Max app and have been coordinating with the appropriate team to investigate. 

That said, we'd like to include your devices in the process as you are currently experiencing the same issue. Kindly provide us with the necessary details such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
jdseymour
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My info comes from a TCL Roku TV:

• TCL model: 65S425
  • Hardware ID: C103X
  • Serial number: X00000SC1VG5
  • Device ID: S034D9AC1VG5
  • Software version: 13.1.4 * build 1510-93
  • Tracker ID: G5-358-385

I don't see "Channel build version" anywhere - although there is a "GC version: 12.1.17" on the Tracker ID screen.

0 Kudos
ABC77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly 

Model: 4802X-Roku Ultra

Serial number: X01000GL65AP

Device ID: S0DA247L65AP

Software Version: 13.1.4 build 1510-C2

Tracker ID: AP-358-626

Channel Build Version: Not exactly sure what is meant by this, but if it's from the MAX app it looks like it's Build 2, Version 57.8.1 (4.8.1)

I also filed a ticket with support once I discovered the problem, before I came across this thread, thinking it was just an issue with my Roku.  That case number is 10340717.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @jdseymour @ABC77.

Thanks for providing us with the necessary details.

Rest assured that the details have been forwarded to the appropriate team for investigation. Once we've received updates regarding this case, we'll let the Community know immediately. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Davedog

Jump to solution

Me too. Started a few weeks ago or so. Two separate houses. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here! So annoying as I hit "pause" and walk out the room then come back and realize it never paused!! Gotta hit it like three times to work.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.