Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miller1315
Reel Rookie

Local TV Region changed for all network apps.

Has anyone had issues with streaming local TV stations? My Roku has been working great streaming the Albany stations via a family YouTube TV share plan and the networks apps (NBC, ABC, CBS). Yesterday the stations that come in on the local networks are from central NY. The network apps on my tablet still stream the Albany stations. Every device has been rebooted. Any ideas would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Local TV Region changed for all network apps.

@Miller1315 This is a YouTube TV issue and not a Roku issue.  Go to the YouTube TV app and then in the YouTube TV app go to your icon picture on the upper right.  Click and go to location.   It should give your home area and your current playback area and a date when you current playback area was set.  If you are using Family share I believe you must check in at the home area periodically.  

Miller1315
Reel Rookie

Hello, I checked my YouTube TV icon and the correct playback area is shown but the network play in the wrong area. For kicks I reverified my area and reset the Roku with no luck.  Any other ideas?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi Miller1315

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos