Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live tv feature does not work

Did I try rebooting, hotspot, restarting, and everything else? Yes yes yes and yes to probably everything you will ask. Nothing I've tried that's suggested in this community works. Also did all the updates. Still presented with black screen after clicking on any channel in live tv channels. My device is roku ultra....software version 14.0.4      Build 12221    Everything else works fine except Live TV. Internet is good. I need a real answer please

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Live tv feature does not work

Welcome to the Roku Community, @pdastcroixpasto!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we'll have the team look into the playback issues you're currently experiencing on your Live TV channels. 

In order to narrow down the cause of the issue, we would appreciate it if you could share with us your device details such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be looking forward to your response so that we can check this further and provide you with a swift resolution.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Roku Device modle:4802x

Serial number X01000EJK2A7

Device ID:  SODA245JK2A7

Software version 14.0

Tracker ID A7-417-050

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @pdastcroixpasto.

Thank you for giving us the necessary details. We'll forward this to the team to conduct a thorough investigation. 

In the meantime, could you also specify all of the troubleshooting steps you've performed to try and resolve this? We also suggest plugging your Roku Ultra into a different HDMI port or TV to see if you can access the Live TV channels.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Tried everything I mentioned above in my first post, to include what you just mentioned i.e trying a different HDMI port. Tried resetting everything in different ways as well.....tried updating.....tried connecting to hotspot and tried what so many others mentioned in their posts. Nothing works!!!!! This is so frustrating. Just want to send the product back now.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @pdastcroixpasto.

Thanks for the additional information. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to the team for investigation. We'll keep you posted once there are any updates available. 

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.