Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aw9182
Binge Watcher

Live TV channel 21.2 and 21.3 keeps dissapearing

I have two OTA channels that sometimes get duplicated TV guide info from the base channel (eg. channel 21.1 will show the same info for 21.2 and 21.3 even though they are different channels). The other day I noticed that channels 21.2 and 21.3 were not showing up anymore even though they are programmed. I then disconnected the ethernet cable so I would not have an internet connection and saw that the missing channels suddenly came back. Plugging the ethernet cable back in then re-established the internet connection and then removed the channels again.

I suspect that whatever duplicate channel guide issue is happening for those channels is now causing them to be removed when the TV has an internet connection as it is only those two channels this is affecting. Is there a fix for this? I have already restarted the TV several times and reprogrammed the channels several times with no improvement.  

0 Kudos
50 REPLIES 50
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Certain OTA Channels Disappearing

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @aw9182!

Providing us with precise information about your concern is highly appreciated. 

Can we please try to connect your Roku player to a different network connection to see if the same issue occurs? Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do. 

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aw9182
Binge Watcher

Unfortunately I don't have access to another network or hotspot. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @aw9182.

In this instance, could you please confirm which specific Roku player are you having this issue with? Also, can we try to unplug your antenna for about 60 seconds and re-plug it again to see if this will make the channels 21.2 and 21.3 re-appear? 

Looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aw9182
Binge Watcher

This is a TCL 55" Roku TV. Unplugging the antenna for 60 seconds did not work. The only time that I can get the channels is if the TV is disconnected from the internet. As soon as it reconnects I loose the channels again. If I have it on channel 21.2 when disconnected then plug the ethernet cable back in, it automatically switches to 15.1 which is our local CBS station.  

0 Kudos
aw9182
Binge Watcher

@jsrku21 Did you by chance happen to notice if the TV guide for those channels had been wrong or duplicated from another channel in the past? For me it would sometimes have the same listing for 21.1, 21.2, and 21.3. I'm suspecting that those listings are wrong again and now there might have been either a new update feature (or bug) that removes channels if they have duplicate guide information. That's the only thing I could come up with. I'd rather have an incorrect guide than not be able to watch the channels at all.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @aw9182.

Just to clarify, if the ethernet has been unplugged and the channels 21.2 and 21.3 appear, does it play? Or can you stream those channels without ethernet? 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for raising your concern, @jsrku21!

Can you please confirm if using an alternative network connection resolves this? Perhaps we can try to connect it to an alternative network such as a mobile hotspot if possible.

Looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aw9182
Binge Watcher

@RokuCarly "Just to clarify, if the ethernet has been unplugged and the channels 21.2 and 21.3 appear, does it play? Or can you stream those channels without ethernet?"

The only way that I can watch those channels is with the ethernet unplugged. Since they are OTA I'm not streaming them, I'm getting them over the airwaves. As soon as I plug the ethernet back in it changes to channel 15.1 and I can no longer access 21.2 and 21.3.

"Can you please confirm if using an alternative network connection resolves this? Perhaps we can try to connect it to an alternative network such as a mobile hotspot if possible."

I don't have an alternate network that I can connect to and I don't have a mobile hotspot or cellphone that will work as a hotspot. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the clarification, @aw9182.

In this case, we will request additional reinforcement from our Engineering team for further investigation. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following information below for us to create a report ticket effectively:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Who is your Internet Service Provider?

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.