Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krohme
Reel Rookie

Live TV Channel Guide - UK

Hi there,

I'm thinking of getting a Roku device, has this situation been addressed? As in can a UK user of a Roku device watch Freeview style live UK TV content?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
PeteBm
Channel Surfer

Re: Live TV Channel Guide - UK

No, I don't think so.  You can install apps for all the main Freeview channels - BBC iPlayer, ITVX, Channel4 etc - but there is no app that enables you to watch all the other channels.

There's also still no general EPG - you have to go to each app to look at the schedule for that channel.

Unless, of course, by 'device' you mean a Roku TV.  Or you've got a Freeview enabled TV . . .

krohme
Reel Rookie

Understood - that pretty much answers my question, thanks @PeteBm 

0 Kudos
Fnr_09

What! I just bought it now and i live in the UK thats very stupid…..I cant believe i just wasted my money im a minor who had to save up to get that THANKS A LOT! will be moving to firestick if this problem isnt fixed becaise i only bought it for the live tv.

0 Kudos
Fnr_09

Its been 3 years mate, awful quality from roku.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Fnr_09!

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Rest assured that we will forward this to the team. Your feedback is important to us as we strive to expand our offerings in the future.

As of now, it is still unavailable in the UK. In the meantime, you may check the Roku Channel Store to help you learn more about what is being offered on Roku UK: 

We apologize for any inconvenience that might have caused your streaming, but your interest in Roku is much appreciated.

Feel free to let us know if you have further inquiries!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.