Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyO
Streaming Star

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

Drummernaut,

I use plenty of apps on my Roku. This list includes Roku Channel, Pluto TV, Tubi, freevee, Stirrd, Haystack, NewsNow, Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc.  I was quite clear I only see the problem using the Xfinity Stream app.  The problem started in October 2022 when the app was upgraded to version 6.10 Build 0.  The beta version of the same app prior to this time had no issues.  My symptoms matched that of many Xfinity subscribers that complained in the Xfinity community forums.  None of these folks complain about other apps on their Roku having audio issues.  In fact, they go out of their way to indicate it is ONLY the Xfinity Stream app they experience audio issues with, just like me.  

I have 34 years of professional IT experience and I know how to report a technical issue with my equipment.  No, it is not because I have not spent much time in the ESPN or other Roku apps.  

I have already indicated Roku is working with Xfinity to troubleshoot the issue.  

0 Kudos
euphoria
Reel Rookie

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

Having same problem as well....Tell them to Hurry up fix for this issue or will get a fire stick

0 Kudos
euphoria
Reel Rookie

same issue and never on any other apps just xfinity app only... Volume gets real loud out of nowhere ...will play for 4-5 hrs great then volume cuts out ...Roku need to fix this problem at once !!!!

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

I had it happen once over a five-hour period today watching Big Ten Network in Xfinity App.  The thing is it is not clear if this is solely a Xfinity app bug or something with the Audio features of Roku OS 11.5 that induce the problem.  

I'll check in with Xfinity support tomorrow.  Not sure if they are closer to a resolution.

0 Kudos
libtard
Binge Watcher

Greetings,

The first post I noticed pertaining to this issue was posted on 12/29/22. We are now into our 3rd month without a resolution. I have to draw the conclusion that Roku isn't taking this problem seriously. Coming from a broadcast engineering background and having work with on-air technical issues in the past I can honestly say issues like this would be resolved in hours or days not months or heads would roll. Because I truly believe this issues hasn't been given the attention it deserves I suggest, if it's not resolved within the next few days everyone on this thread should post on the financial boards about this problem. Let wall street know there is a huge problem with Roku's products and let their dirty little secret out. Maybe if the stock price is in play they might wake up or a least give it the attention it deserves. 

0 Kudos
Hoops
Reel Rookie

This is a Comcast issue with their partner Roku.   They are both equally responsible to resolve.   But Comcast is not pushing for the fix.   Comcast wants you to rent their boxes to resovle.

So, what is the easiest way to resolve?    Go to Fubo or Hula and try with their 30 day free trial.   If there are not issues - turn off Comcast and say good ridence.

0 Kudos
warneke7
Reel Rookie

This has been happening to me for months now.

XFinity Stream app version 6.10.0

Roku Streambar Pro 9101R2 Software version 11.5.0 build 4312-95

0 Kudos
MattBoston
Reel Rookie

I’ve been noticing this issue for more than a year. I figured it was the app since changing channels will fix it. Happens on a few different channels we watch. 
we changed the TV yesterday and noticed it this AM. 

The sound drops out or occasionally becomes much louder.

SN YF001P266669
SW 11.5.0 build 6040-55
Device ID CT3881266669

XFinity App 6.11.0

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding playback with the Xfinity channel.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Xfinity channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue working alongside the channel provider to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
libtard
Binge Watcher

Danny,

Thanks for your post, greatly appreciated.

If you haven't, please read all the posts pertaining to this issue. There are 4 pages of them with the header (Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312). Apparently, others have the same issue outside of Xfinity. This issue has been going on for MONTHS and we are no closer to a resolution now than we were at the beginning. 

I don't know what your job title or level you hold at Roku but this is a major issue with your product. Using Roku makes it impossible to watch TV.  I, along with others on this thread would be more than willing to help resolve this issue and work directly with your engineering dept.

It needs to be elevated to the head of Roku engineering. Are you that person with the credentials to speak directly to Roku engineering management? If so, please do so ASAP. If not, just let the forum know so we can seek alternatives.  

Again, I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.